binge eating disorder

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm a 20 year old female battling with an eating disorder. I only have about 10 pounds to lose, and yet my brain is constantly scaring me, telling me that "you can't do it. You've tried to lose those pounds before but failed miserably. You will never reach your goal."

I am here hoping to find peers that have the same fears as I do. For too long have I bottled up all my problems,fears,and goals inside of me and refused to reveal it to anyone as I feel shameful and embarrassed. One of the most amazing, yet hardest, things I've realized on my journey is that we can't pretend to be strong all the time- sometimes its ok to be vulnerable and ask for help.

I hope that I can connect with some of you that can relate to my situation. Let's conquer this together :)

Replies

• karrieflowers
    karrieflowers Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I completely understand u. I am asking trying to lose wieght. My goal is to lose about 25lbs. But I love food so so much. I can't stop eating. I can do really good with my diet for about a week and then I give up on myself. I have been at my goal weight in the past, but I gained every ounce back.
  • mandypie92
    mandypie92 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I'm in my early 20s and I want to lose 10-15 lbs. Like the girl above me, I've lost it before and gained every little bit back. I don't even really love food though, it's just been my go-to coping mechanism since I was 17. I've been better about the binge-eating but still struggle with it here and there.

Good luck!