30 day shred - level 2 planks

Options
I just started level 2 of the 30 day shread and got through it without a problem except that my wrists gave out on me in the plank moves after about 15 seconds. I substituted them with standing cardio or bicycle crunches instead of doing the planks.

Is there a way to do the planks without putting so much stress on the wrists? Can I do them on my forearms until I get the wrist and forearm strength up enough to do them on the wrists? The rest of the workout seemed to go fairly easily for me.

Replies

• MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    you can try doing the plank using your dumbells as "handles" place them on the floor and grip them as if they're handles sticking out of the floor (have the dumbells pointing the same way as you're facing, end to end) and do the plank that way. it's also much easier on your wrists to do push ups that way.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    you can try doing the plank using your dumbells as "handles" place them on the floor and grip them as if they're handles sticking out of the floor (have the dumbells pointing the same way as you're facing, end to end) and do the plank that way. it's also much easier on your wrists to do push ups that way.

That might work. I hadn't even thought of doing that.
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options

same answer.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I have severe wrist pain when I try to do those type exercises.
  • beaches20004
    Options
    Less weight lifting?
  • katemarjoram
    katemarjoram Posts: 203
    Options

One of the strength moves in circuit 3 of level 3 uses the dumbells in this way.
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm actually having a very similar problem - I find the planks very hard on my shoulders. Not sure if maybe I'm just not ready. I may try using the dumbells to, to try and shift how the weight is distributed. Great question!