Ready for it? Another....newbie! :P

Options
Hey ya'll, I'm Katie Joe and I'm new here! (duh, lol) I'm getting ready to go head to head with a good 40 pounds in the battle of wills...

Right now I'm working on cutting sugars and processed carbs, and going by the rule "If your grandmother wouldn't have identified it as food, don't eat it" (although some days I wonder if just maybe she would have identified Hershey bars as a necessary staple? haha) I want to start running but since there's nobody to watch my little one that will have to wait...so I'm walking and mixing up workouts and spending more time running around with my kids in the yard.

I'd love to make some friends here, whether for motivation or just to shoot the breeze :)

Replies

• bellarox13
    bellarox13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have kids too that love it when I run around and jump on the trampoline. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Happy journey!!!!
  • cdenham001
    cdenham001 Posts: 83
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Feel free to add me as a friend. I have four boys at home and I know about not having someone to watch them, there are many ways around the house to burn some calories. Cleaning, chasing kids, DVD's, or anything else creative you can come up with. Good luck on your journey.
  • Marleneaa
    Marleneaa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    hey good luck! I agree hershey bars should be recognized, chocolate is my downfall. I just started too, I'm trying for 32 lbs. You can add me as a friend too.
    Have a great weekend
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Welcome....
    ENJOY THOSE LITTLE ONES WHILE YOU CAN, they grow up way too fast.
    Include them in your "workouts" by playing hopscotch, hula hooping, playing tag, etc. (depending on their ages).
    And how neat is it that you are starting your journey while they are young so you can feed them healthy and raise them in a healthy lifestyle. Add me if you would like to. Blessings
  • redsoxy
    redsoxy Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I also have two small children - and am trying to lose about the same amount of weight. You will find lots of support and great people here! Feel free to add me.
  • kelbel76
    kelbel76 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Options
    I have three children myself they are 15,10 and 8. They love that I include them often in my daily cardio... LOL aka playtime with all of them. From grooming our horses and ponies to swimming with them. My daughter who is the youngest loves when I give her piggy back rides LOL calories burned for me and fun for her. I don't always log those fun sessions on here but boy I'm sure carrying a 60 pound kid around has to be burning some calories LOL... before my car accident I used to regularly include playtime with my oldest son into a work out... wether it was dancing around the house... putting him into a stroller and taking a job or taking him for a bike ride. Add me if you like hun it's a journey and all the inspiration and support here on MFP are great.
  • enlarsh
    enlarsh Posts: 67
    Options
    Sent you a message... you can add me!
  • enlarsh
    enlarsh Posts: 67
    Options
    Sent you a message... you can add me!