What protein powder do i choose?

Options
So i am 5'5 and 156 lbs with the goal of getting down to 135. I just finished my tub of FitMiss protein powder and i wasnt really a fan, ( i didnt think it was chocolatey enough and it didnt keep me feeling full). I was wondering what protein powders you all use and which are the best for trying to slim up.

Replies

• OnDaJuice
    OnDaJuice Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Have you tried quest powders? Or strong girl is really good saler for women at my GNC
  • tank1539
    tank1539 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    How much protein are you looking to get out of the powder? EAS Lean15 is 100 calories and 15g protein. Mixes good and tastes good
  • Sorbz90
    Sorbz90 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I switch it up between Arbonne Chocolate and Vanilla Protein Powder. Both flavours are delicious, full of vegan protein, low in calories and includes 20 essential vitamins and minerals per serving :) I can't change back to anything else because it is so much better than everything else on the market
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I use the Quest chocolate protein powder, it's thick and chocolaty without loads of unnecessary ingredients.
  • RedScathach
    RedScathach Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I honestly prefer Tera's Whey Bourbon Vanilla. I prefer my protein powders without a whole ton extra junk in them and I can't have anything with soy. It does taste amazing.
  • tank1539
    tank1539 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Personally, ultra peptide casein cinnamon roll is my favorite. Mmm, mmm
  • youngy1976
    youngy1976 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    PhD pharma protein it works a treat
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I drink optimum protein energy, nectar cappuccino, whey hd by bpi ( I prefer best protein by them over the hd though), pursuit whey protein by dymatize, isopure (any flavor, I'm drinking cappuccino now. Don't get the java pro unless you really like the coffee flavor), combat (haven't tried the isolate but heard good things), and syntha 6
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, I've never had a protein powder keep me feeling full, that's not really what it's for. A protein shake isn't a meal replacement, it's a supplement. For a smoothie to replace a meal or substantial snack, I make it with protein powder, oatmeal, chia, greens and fruit. I can only do that for breakfast, when I'm only a little hungry. If I'm really hungry, I need to chew real food!
  • mermaid3011
    mermaid3011 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have tried a number of protein shakes/powders and either they tasted gritty (nature's something and PGX) or were too sweet or just didn't keep me satisfied long (VegaOne).

So I tried Shakeology from Beachbody over the summer because a friend had brought in to our Yoga retreat.

I fell in love with the vegan chocolate and am now alternating between Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry. It gives me energy, fills me up until the next meal, I can use it as snack or as meal replacement etc

I am buying mine online and it's being delivered right to my door by the mailman. Oh and the price is exactly the same (if not less) than my former VegaOne. Personal coaching through one of the Beachboy coaches is included - for FREE. My coach actually works just down the street from where I live so we meet once a month at least in person and keep in touch through Facebook every other day.

I think because of her motivation and the online group as support I was able to lose another 30 lbs just in the last 3 months. While it took me 5 months without the coaching and Shakeology to get rid of the other 30 lbs.

• smslogan317
    smslogan317 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Muscle Feast , small company in Ohio, great reputation, father started the company when his son started to bodybuild in order to give him the purest and best supps. Since there are no FDA regs reguarding supps, you never know if the label is accurate. I truly believe it is with Muscle Feast.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Instead of powders, which I tried but really never found one I liked, I prefer 3/4 cup 2% to 4% milk fat yogurt (often a mix of the two) for snacks and usually have that for breakfast with berries. 15 - 22g of protein depending on brand. Leaves me feeling satiated.
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Most protein powders are similar minus some added sweeteners/fillers. If you want to feel full eat chewable solid foods, imo. Otherwise, just get something cheap and tasty that doesn't have high fructose corn syrup like MTS
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Most protein powders are similar minus some added sweeteners/fillers. If you want to feel full eat chewable solid foods, imo. Otherwise, just get something cheap and tasty that doesn't have high fructose corn syrup like MTS

But MTS tastes great :(
  • lmbeau
    lmbeau Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There is no point in buying women specific protein powders, it is total bs. There is also no point in paying extra for the Shakeology nonsense, there is nothing proven to help you in their shakes nor have they actually done any true scientific studies to back up their claims. That being said, the best one is the one you can tolerate ;) i personally like http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html in vanilla ice cream and http://www.vitacost.com/syntrax-nectar-whey-protein-isolate-powder-roadside-lemonade
    I agree with mwyvr though - way more filling to actually eat something, unless you can take the time to blend things like baby spinach and frozen fruit with your shake
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    First, try to correct your diet look and look whole food sources. 100 grams of protein, give or take, isn't too difficult to hit on a regular basis with whole foods.

If you still want a protein powder for convenience purposes, check out the following companies and pick a flavor that interests you:

PES Select
    Giant Sports
    BPI Sports
    iForce
    Bio-X
    Scivation
    Xtreme Formulations