opinions on green tea and any benifits

Options
Bought some green tea today. I am usually a coffee drinker but I thought what the heck...I know it can't hurt me...but what can it do to help me?

Replies

• msmac54
    msmac54 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,

It's good for staving off hunger. To lose weight try oolong tea also. Good luck. :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I drink it every morning. I lose weight. One doesn't have much to do with the other though! It's good for staving off hunger, hydrating, and it contains caffeine so it can perk you up. The caffeine arguably boosts metabolism some, but not enough to matter.

It can make some people nauseous on an empty stomach, so if you get queasy that might be why. I'm fine with one cup, but 2, even if they aren't one right after the other, makes me feel ill.
  • mhollencamp102012
    mhollencamp102012 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys ....that's pretty much what I've been reading....I had two cups and I am very full...which is probably a good thing
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    It tastes nice and it has caffeine. I like it chilled too - I kept a jug in the fridge during summer. It's great with fresh lemon or mint. If you're a mindless eater, it might help keep snacking under control.
  • jaywirth88
    jaywirth88 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i drink 2 cups cold everyday! There are tons of anti-oxidents in it and it is great for overall health.
  • PalmChris
    PalmChris Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I had some oolong tea, and white tea, stuff kept me awake for 48 hours. I do like green tea, however. You know what they say about green m&m's....
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    Lol, I like me some green tea ice cream.

It has a subtle effect on metabolism, not enough to rant and rave about. For some it helps with hunger, others not. Drinking it is a good option if you're tired of water or coffee.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    It has healthy antioxidants. I drank it every day while losing weight. But I also drank it every day while gaining weight so I'm reluctant to believe it is of much help for weight loss, unless you believe it is.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    You'll lose weight whilst drinking it.
    You'll lose weight whilst no drinking it.

Like it, drink it. Don't like it, don't drink it.
  • cowboys_angel_907
    Options
    I take coumadin, and have to limit my intake of vit. K... I love green tea! But can't drink it like I used to any suggestions on a comparable alternative? (I'm not allowed grapefruit either :-( )
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    If you get bored with it you can make a cake with it.
    http://www.ricardocuisine.com/recipes/2236-lemon-and-green-tea-cake-

You can also put teabags in your shoes to absorb odors.
  • mhollencamp102012
    mhollencamp102012 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I guess my biggest concern isn't losing weight with it...but just its over all health benefits....from what all of you had stated it has good benefits.... And that's good enough for me. :)
  • taskey
    taskey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like it but I have to add a sweetener, don't know if that's defeats the purpose :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The benefits of catechins.

http://nutrition.ucdavis.edu/content/infosheets/fact-pro-catechin.pdf

Other sources include cocoa and red wine.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Loose leaf is more likely to contain bigger pieces of rolled leaves. Bag tea is often made from small pieces or dust. Dust is the lowest grade of tea. I personally prefer the good stuff and shop often at DAVIDsTEA.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    hydrate you and provide some anti-oxidants plus a bit of caffeine our favorite drug
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It also takes on other flavours really well, so don't be shy to add other flavours. I like it with Ginger and Lemongrass