My 6-month-50-lbs.-loss Journey!! With progress pictures!

Options
Emartz2
Emartz2 Posts: 108 Member
I wish I could start this by telling you my weight-loss journey has been easy - but it hasn't. But it's worth it!!

I have lost 51lbs in 6 months! I'm not doing this to be thin...I'm doing this to be HEALTHY! (Although buying new clothes is nice!)

On Jan. 4 of this year, I saw a picture of myself and could not believe how much weight I had allowed myself to gain (I'm wearing a black dress - see pictures below). But it took me almost two months before I decided to get serious about losing weight.

So my journey began on March 1, 2015. I just woke up and got on my elliptical machine and went 20 minutes and thought I was going to die. I am now up to about 75 minutes!!! Exercise is a NECESSARY part of weight loss. I've added lots of walking and RUNNING?!?! As a matter of fact, I'm training for my FIRST 5K!!!

I LOVE the MFP app! I log everything I eat (at least I try). I can see what's working for me and what's not. That being said...I eat a little bit of everything. I stay within my suggested calorie-count. I'VE CUT ALL SODA DRINKING and DRINK A LOT OF WATER!

So, there you go. I'm not a "registered- or trained-anything": I just eat healthier and clean, and exercise 5-7 times per week. I've started to add strength training, as well.

Some tips: Keep your exercise routine fun! Change it up. Have fun cooking! Try new flavors. Get an exercise buddy! It makes it so much more fun. And: TAKE PICTURES! It's really motivating (at least for me) to see my progress! I love it!

MOST importantly, DON'T GIVE UP and don't be too hard on yourself! Enjoy life! That's why we're doing this! Let's empower ourselves to do better!

❤️ Erica

P.S. New friends always welcome!

I'm 5'7
SW: 265 lbs (Size 22) on March 1, 2015
CW: 214 lbs (Size 16) on Sept. 1, 2015
1st GW: 199 lbs
GW: 160 lbs

hph42q1alui0.jpg
11ig3joh1o0x.jpg
e711awdeh6s8.jpg
7xhtkjv1zuyo.jpg
nhu0pb54wh2h.jpg
gn1y3y6sj6dv.jpg
cnd3uzknsvd4.jpg
6aagof20m177.jpg
chorsljxehtd.jpg
8xerrq5m16o2.jpg
duxi2tvk5r6o.jpg
va35jiy265qp.jpg

Replies

• dianamaine
    dianamaine Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You are looking terrific! Awesome job you are doing...keep it up! Thanks for sharing!
  • julie2038
    julie2038 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • leababy4
    leababy4 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are amazing, nice work!
  • marimont69
    marimont69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Your a real encouragement. Thank you for sharing.
  • laney4088
    laney4088 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You look great! I started 10 days ago and have lost 8 lbs so far. I need to lose
    100 to get to my goal.
  • Emartz2
    Options
    Thank you! YOU CAN DO IT!! It won't be fast...but it's POSSIBLE!
    laney4088 wrote: »
    You look great! I started 10 days ago and have lost 8 lbs so far. I need to lose
    100 to get to my goal.

• Emartz2
    Options
    Thank you!
    leababy4 wrote: »
    Wow! You are amazing, nice work!

• Emartz2
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Thank you for your compliments!!! We can do this!

dianamaine wrote: »
    You are looking terrific! Awesome job you are doing...keep it up! Thanks for sharing!

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Terrific!!
  • hdawood85
    hdawood85 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • logancsmama
    logancsmama Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That's amazing, I was the exact same size when I started, and I am the same size as you now... and my first goal is the same as yours...and I'm so close I can smell it (201.2) and I've been stuck here for over a week. I have a sprained ankle, foot, and lower leg and can't get on my elliptical like I want to. I need to quit whining and get out the yoga dvds.... I can at least do that. Very encouraging... great work...
  • Emartz2
    Options
    I LOVE finding people with similar goals/weights on here! You are so close to being in the "100-club"...you can do it!!!

But I'm so sorry about your ankle. I've always suffered with weak ankles (I'm sure most of it has been my weight). So I'm always very careful when I walk...to avoid hurting myself and being "down" for awhile. I hope you recover FAST!!
    That's amazing, I was the exact same size when I started, and I am the same size as you now... and my first goal is the same as yours...and I'm so close I can smell it (201.2) and I've been stuck here for over a week. I have a sprained ankle, foot, and lower leg and can't get on my elliptical like I want to. I need to quit whining and get out the yoga dvds.... I can at least do that. Very encouraging... great work...

• jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! You look amazing, great job!
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! You are beautiful xo :)
  • RegainFiks
    RegainFiks Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Great Job Keep going
  • Emartz2
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL!
  • Littlepeeper
    Littlepeeper Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful. Great job!
  • twinjamom6
    twinjamom6 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You look great! Like you, it was a picture of myself and sisters that was my "moment". My daughter graduated from kindergarten in May and my family came up to visit. My mom took a few pictures of us all because we don't see each other alot anymore (they are 8 hours away now). She sent me the pictures about a month later, and I was totally stunned at how awful I looked!! It was then i decided things were going to be different.
    You look fantastic! Keep going! Like you said, it's worth it!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Fantastic accomplishment!!! Thank you for inspiring...
  • rosy2car
    rosy2car Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My beautiful bestie!! You are amazing and everyday you inspire me to keep going. I love love love celebrating your success!! :*<3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!