I'm back, and finally ready!!!!

Options
So I joined MFP over a year ago with the intentions of being a skinny girl by now. When I joined I was 181, I went up and down, but always ended up staying in the 180ish range. So sad to admit that in the last 3 months I have gained 16 pounds.:sad: I am so disgusted, and I am done. I will get healthy, I will lose the weight!!!! I am hoping this 30lbs challenge that I just got into will help with the motivation and that I will meet encouraging people to help me along the way. :happy:

CW 197
GW, 140

Replies

• kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Welcome back......
    You are about exactly where I was when I started my weight loss journey five years ago, and your goal is about what I weigh now. I would like to lose and keep off about five pounds. I'd like to range between 130-135, but have been between 135-140 for two months. Truly though, I'm a happy girl whenever the scale is less than 140, and I'm able to enjoy sweets from time to time, and am maintaining, so perhaps I'm just where I should be now.
    Good luck with your journey! You can do this....just remember that it is a marathon, not a sprint.
    Kaye
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    welcome back =]. Friend me if you want.
  • floozieq
    floozieq Posts: 11
    Options
    Good luck - its taken me a long time to get off what I have..so hard but I'm ready:smokin: too!
  • MyMommyMission
    Options
    Good for you!!! We can help motivate each other!!:smile:
  • JaycrazyRose
    JaycrazyRose Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. That means that you were not really ready at that time but now you are ready for your journey. Like you I originally started out at 180 I am now 171.8 as of this morning. I do not enter it because like you I go up and down on the scale as well. They say that when you get older it is harder to lose weight and it is so true.
  • MyMommyMission
    Options
    Your right I was not ready!!! Now I am!!! I am excited to finally be doing this. This week was hard, but It feels good to actually be doing something to make that change!
  • ubabe1
    ubabe1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Glad you are back....and determined!! Yes, you have to be ready to make the commitment to make a healthier lifestyle choice for yourself and your family. It can be a slow process making these changes, getting used to them and then sticking with them!! Involve your family to join this journey with you!! Food choices, meal planning and preparation as well as exercising will keep you focused. Set reasonable goals to obtain for a day, a week, a month, etc!!! I always like to suggest that you change one bad habit a week or so as part of your goals. I've sent a friend request for support and encouragement for this journey of yours!! :flowerforyou:
  • MyMommyMission
    Options
    Welcome back......
    You are about exactly where I was when I started my weight loss journey five years ago, and your goal is about what I weigh now. I would like to lose and keep off about five pounds. I'd like to range between 130-135, but have been between 135-140 for two months. Truly though, I'm a happy girl whenever the scale is less than 140, and I'm able to enjoy sweets from time to time, and am maintaining, so perhaps I'm just where I should be now.
    Good luck with your journey! You can do this....just remember that it is a marathon, not a sprint.
    Kaye

Best advice ever. I have to remember that it is a marathon, and not a sprint. In the past I would fall off the wagon after 2 weeks or so because the weight was not coming off fast enough. I have a new frame of mind, and as silly as it sounds, I am taking it day by day. Small victories here and there. Thank you for your kind words, and congrats on your accomplishments!!!
    :smile:
  • minus40
    minus40 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!!! Be honest to yoruself and your MF pals, and you will do great!!!! The time to treat yourself well is now. Good luck! Feel free to add me as a friend and we can try to cheer each other on... I have about 30 more to go. Kat.
  • MyMommyMission
    Options
    Glad you are back....and determined!! Yes, you have to be ready to make the commitment to make a healthier lifestyle choice for yourself and your family. It can be a slow process making these changes, getting used to them and then sticking with them!! Involve your family to join this journey with you!! Food choices, meal planning and preparation as well as exercising will keep you focused. Set reasonable goals to obtain for a day, a week, a month, etc!!! I always like to suggest that you change one bad habit a week or so as part of your goals. I've sent a friend request for support and encouragement for this journey of yours!! :flowerforyou:

Yay! A new friend. I have my mom motivated too. It makes it easier when you have a work out buddy.
  • MyMommyMission
    Options
    Welcome back!!!! Be honest to yoruself and your MF pals, and you will do great!!!! The time to treat yourself well is now. Good luck! Feel free to add me as a friend and we can try to cheer each other on... I have about 30 more to go. Kat.

Thanks Kat. being honest with myself, and everyone else is what prompted me to write that post. I needed to tell someone that I have been struggling, and that I need some support. Thanks I will add you as a friend!!!