Fitbit

Options
what's the difference between the charge and the charge hr? Is the charge worth getting as a friend of mine is selling one cheap? Or is it not worth it unles it's the hr? Also would i use the Fitbit to calculate ALL calories burnt ie walking around and workouts on cross trainer ect? Thanks x

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    How much is she selling it for? Without HR, I think a FitBit is still handy, but you can get the entry level clip on for $50, so I'm not sure I'd pay more than that for one without HR monitoring.

The only activities I add manually to my fitbit's calculations is swimming and bike riding
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    The only difference is the charge HR has a heart rate monitor. Other than that no difference. If your using a cross trainer, elliptical ect your fitbit won't count any steps. It will only show calories and active minutes. You will be happy with either. :smile:
  • avilancaster871
    avilancaster871 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    She is selling it for £25 don't no what that is in $ lol if it doesn't have the heart rate monitor will it still accurately calculate burned calories? :/ or is it useless without the hr? I don't go swimming at the moment anyway it's normally walking and on my cross trainer so that would do it automatically wouldn't it?
  • avilancaster871
    avilancaster871 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    So when on my elliptical trainer it won't count steps but it will tell me how many calories I burnt and how many minutes I did? Is it more accurate then mfp as been told it is over calculating my calories burnt hence why was looking at a Fitbit lol
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    what's the difference between the charge and the charge hr? Is the charge worth getting as a friend of mine is selling one cheap? Or is it not worth it unles it's the hr?

The Fitbit Charge activity tracker is only US$20 less than the Charge HR. Not only does it not have a heart rate monitor, but it has a flimsy clasp rather than a secure buckle.
    So when on my elliptical trainer it won't count steps but it will tell me how many calories I burnt and how many minutes I did? Is it more accurate then mfp as been told it is over calculating my calories burnt hence why was looking at a Fitbit lol

All Fitbits calculate your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). Non-step exercise (like swimming or biking) must be logged—either in Fitbit or in MFP. I log all my exercise in Fitbit, lost the weight, and kept it off. YMMV.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users