Look at my food diary please. Need suggestions.

Options
Hello.
Wondering if somebody will look at my food diary and give me some suggestions. I'm staying within calories and I'm exercising about five times a week but the weight just isn't coming off. What am I doing wrong? I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks.

Replies

• amymunn
    amymunn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    your diary isnt public...
  • traciemaurie
    Options
    Oops! Now it is. :)
  • tnkhart
    tnkhart Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    One thing I did see is that you had calories left over. I try to get as close as possible to my daily calorie target so I don't have to worry about my bady going into starvation mode. The other, that I don't see, is your sodium intake. Only you can see that I believe. Otherwise, just keep it going. One day at a time !!!
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    What's your sodium like and how long have you been at it?

Sodium can make you retain water (and pre-made meals tend to contain a lot of it).
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    A couple of things I've noticed is that you're over your fat and sugar almost every day, and the sugar isn't coming from fruits. and you're also entering in a diet coke as having 0 everything across the board. I'm not a diet expert so the fat part probably isn't that big of a deal but I know the sugar could hinder your weightloss.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Those are the two things I am seeing, too. Too many left over calories and too many high sodium foods.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    You could replace one of your categories with a sodium category and see what the amount is for each day. You can always change it back to what you have now. :)
  • Agglaki
    Agglaki Posts: 105
    Options
    Flip your menu around...you are eating hardly anything in the morning and then potentially over-eating at night.

The snacks you're listing are they after differ snacks? How long between snacking and bed time?

Ideally you want to try and eat complex carbs rather than simple carbs such as the white breads, and all those sugars (which are not coming from fruits).

Good carbs would be the brown breads, rices, pasta, fruits, veg. Complex longer digesting carbs that will not spike your insulin levels too much.

There seems to be low / no water consumption on most days...is this a mere oversight? If you don't drink water, you have to get into a habit of it. It will help a lot!

Try to hit the protein figures, on Friday 1st June you only ate 34g of protein but over 100g of carbs...you also were eating at around 1200 cal for that day. That is the absolute minimum level for a woman to be eating...you are probably slowing down your body eating at such a low level.

I'm not too familiar with diabetes and the dietary restrictions, so some of my advice may be void. But don't try to loose too much weight too quickly, you'll be burning muscle not fat. Eat more complex carbs, avoid eating anything too close to bed time, throw in some fruit and up your protein count.

I actually noticed on the other days your protein seems on in regards to your numbers, but what are your macro-nutrient levels set at?

Please take all of what I've said with a grain of salt as no advice is going to suit everyone, you have to learn what works for your body, but this should hopefully give you a platform to start with.
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    If you're type 2 diabetic, it might be a good idea to restrict your intake of carbohydrates to between 50g and 90g daily. of course the balance of your calories then has to come from protein and fat. you can adjust your ratios in settings/goals.
  • traciemaurie
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the great suggestions.

You're right, I do eat much more at night than in the morning, so I need to work on that.

What do you mean by macro-nutrients?
  • traciemaurie
    Options
    Thanks lodro. Good idea about changing the values. As others noted, I'm going over on fats, but I'm doing that slightly on purpose because I'm trying not to eat as many carbs. I've found that 130 net carbs a day (not including fiber) is a good number for me. When I was first diagnosed I was only eating about half that and my hair started falling out! Dietician told me that was a result of too few carbs (Who knew?!).

I'm really working at finding a better balance now. For three years I only counted carbs and didn't look at anything else. I'm trying to look at the bigger picture now, but sodium still hasn't been on my radar. I guess I'll start paying attention to that and see what happens.

Thanks everybody for all the help.

-tracie
  • traciemaurie
    Options
    Thanks lodro. Good idea about changing the values. As others noted, I'm going over on fats, but I'm doing that slightly on purpose because I'm trying not to eat as many carbs. I've found that 130 net carbs a day (not including fiber) is a good number for me. When I was first diagnosed I was only eating about half that and my hair started falling out! Dietician told me that was a result of too few carbs (Who knew?!).

I'm really working at finding a better balance now. For three years I only counted carbs and didn't look at anything else. I'm trying to look at the bigger picture now, but sodium still hasn't been on my radar. I guess I'll start paying attention to that and see what happens.

Thanks everybody for all the help.

-tracie