Fitbit Charge HR or Polar FT7

Options
2»

Replies

• ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    kikix5 wrote: »
    I know that this thread is old, but I was wondering the same thing, I have a polar ft7 and the fitbit HR which I just got.. I just ran and used my elliptical and then did a few weights.. In 1:09 FT7 reads 591 calories and the fit bit only registered 433 calories. just sitting here my fitbit has HR 90 and the ft7 is 94.. but that is a big difference in calories

If possible, look at your HR chart and see if there were some missed or erroneous heart rates. Arm based HR monitors are known for missing beats when doing cardio.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    In 1:09 FT7 reads 591 calories and the fit bit only registered 433 calories.

Given what you've described there is no way to tell which is more accurate, they could both be equally wrong.
    just sitting here my fitbit has HR 90 and the ft7 is 94.. but that is a big difference in calories

That's a negligible difference, what I would say is that if you're stationary and resting 90bpm is quite high, suggesting that both of th readings you've identified earlier in your post are likely to be quite excessive.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    I have a polar ft7 and the fitbit HR which I just got. I just ran and used my elliptical and then did a few weights. In 1:09 FT7 reads 591 calories and the fit bit only registered 433 calories.

The only way to gauge the accuracy of any device is to trust it for several weeks, then reevaluate your progress.

That assumes consistent inaccuracy. In the situation described inaccuracy is unlikely to be consistent.

• kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options

That's a negligible difference, what I would say is that if you're stationary and resting 90bpm is quite high, suggesting that both of th readings you've identified earlier in your post are likely to be quite excessive.
    [/quote]

I had just got done working out. so it was still high and coming down. I was just meaning I was not moving around that would give the arm monitor a different reading. also sometimes my hr is higher as I have no thyroid and I am on meds that sometimes makes my HR faster ;)