Back in the saddle

Options
I'm not really new to My Fitness Pal, but I'm new to the message boards. I used this site/app last year for a few months and lost about 20 pounds. I was ecstatic! But then I fell off the wagon, and all the weight came back. Recently, a friend of mine lost over 80 pounds using the site, and that encouraged me to get back into it. I want to lose 100 or more pounds, ultimately, but I'm aiming right now for about 60 until I can figure out what my goal weight actually is. I have one of those "athletic builds" that's more dense and muscular, so it's hard to know what I should weigh. Of course, you wouldn't call me an athlete to look at me :) But that's OK! I'm excited to get back into a healthier lifestyle, and with the support of the message boards and my awesome fiancee, I'm confident I can keep pressing forward. #timetowork

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    you can do this! the key is totally weighing, measuring and tracking your food...it's pretty easy to add a couple hundred extra calories carelessly and those will hold you back. just start the journey and you will be able to figure out where you want to land weight wise!
  • Kimstjohn
    Kimstjohn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started back a week ago and already feel so much better! =) 5 years ago i lost about 70 pounds! (was 204!!! and got down to 129!!-hoping to get back here) Recently with all the stress in my life i filled up on whatever i wanted-like a child-I felt terrible, couldnt breath and worse off NONE of my cutest clothes i had worked so hard to get into Fit!!! I had to make a change so i forced myself to get back on to the scale to see how bad the damage was... i couldnt believe my eyes! 161!!! Now I am going to Mexico in 2 months and would love to be in the 130's again for the trip! Mostly because I refuse to buy a new bigger wardrobe =( So i really want my goal to be 30 pounds lighter but i am going to aim more for like 15 pounds and be happy if by the trip it is a little more =) 156 now! Anyways, You've got this!!!!! The message boards are great for motivation and to know that you are not alone- even if your other half is sitting in your recliner eating doritos not gaining an ounce watching you work out (thats whats going on over here lol) cheering you on!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Welcome back - you can do this!