An eye opening weekend

Options
This weekend I learned that I'll be logging for life. I decided to take a weekend (which ended up being more like a full week) "off" and not log, not count calories, not be mindful.

I stepped on the scale this morning 6 pounds heavier than last week.

I can chalk most of it up to water weight, I'm sure, but not all of it.

Logging 4 Life... (maybe I'll get a tattoo)

Replies

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I have also arrived at this conclusion.
  • sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    LOL-your post made me chuckle...ya, gotta say I am in the same boat!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Some people need to log to keep being mindful. ..do whatever works for you, it only takes a few minutes anyway.
    I'm in month 3 of not logging (after 3 years of logging daily without fail) but occasionally I still log high calorie days just to be aware.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    That's vacations for me, lol. And I still count in my head (just can't seem to be able to stop, honestly). Always pretty scary how easy it is to scarf down 3000 calories.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Lifer here also. It's just the way it is, or has to be for me. 3-1/2 years on MFP, almost 2 on maintenance. I am pretty good at judging portion sizes, but have to log them to be accountable.
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I know myself! I will be logging for life ... perhaps not being so anal about it in the future but maintenance is still new to me and the few times I could not log (camping with no internet access), I wrote what ate down in a notebook and transferred onto MFP. Quite eye-opening when you don't log consistently.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Oh there's nothing wrong with it, everybody has to do what it works for each.

That said, I will 100% will not continue to log after I reach my goal, but that's a decision that I took since the first day without even losing a pound, actually the first 3 months I didn't allowed my self to log, and I did lost 30 lbs , for that exact reason , I didn't wanted to condition my weight-loss with the logging or not .

I took the hard road but learned tons, to listen to my body , to properly feed me,etc.

I think when you get used to log your food so much, it must be a more slow process to stop the habit, with a little more planning and meditation than "just oh well I'm going to take this weekend off , I think I can handle.

Again nothing wrong with logging , but I really think that eventually you can try again, and learn at least how to handle a weekend off .

Good luck !

Kary-
  • ntinkham88
    ntinkham88 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Lol I'm a life logger too. Vacation in May destroyed me and it was so hard to get back on track! I do take one day a month where I don't log my cheat meal because I just want focus on enjoying it and not stress out. Other than that I ALWAYS log!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Whether I want to be or not, I'm inevitably right there with you! It's too easy to eat heaping amounts of junk food in one sitting, or even food that appears healthy yet turns out to be incredibly calorie dense! Not only does logging just take the headache and guilt out of trying to eat in moderation with the occasional treat, but I'm able to keep track of my vitamins and calcium goals which is awesome!