A question for men between 14 and 15 stone (88kgs-96kgs)

Options
My weightlose has been steady since i started out back in January but now something strange is happening and I need to change something in my diet to allow a steady weight lose. The problem- I have been losing between 1-2lb a week since january but at the beginning of may i would lose the weight at the weekends and then by Monday/Tuesday the weight would return and has continued in this cycle ever since so effectively not losing anything!!

Now the reason im posting is because on the 2nd June i was 92.3kgs but today (the day before weighting day) I am up to a staggering 93.7kgs!!! Today has been a hard day because I have wanted to quit and have put myself in a frame of mind where I am fatter than I was last month. Even as I typed that I realise thats probably not the case but to see the numbers jump so high has deflated me alot.

The question I would like answered by the guys in the quoted weight catagory is this;- How many calories are you allowed to eat per day according to fitnesspal without exercise. The reason I ask is to see if im eating too few or too many calories as I currently allow myself 1660 a day plus whatever exercise i do as a bonus. Even at the 1660 calories a day I find myself starving at night time and so spare a few calories for a healthy snack ie a banana or peanut butter. The only thing thats different now to when I started out is the fact that over the last 6 weeks my bowel movements have decreased to the point where I go every 3-4 days now instead of every day like before (sorry to bring that up in conversation)

I wont be beaten by the bulge but I need to change something to get rid of the last 26lbs.

Thank you in advance for your replies

Replies

• Ninjitsu
    Ninjitsu Posts: 163
    Options
    I was there at one point.

When I wasn't exercising I was only eating about 1200-1400 calories per day.

I did hit a couple of plateaus which I found were best overcome by having 1 day every 3 weeks where I ate crappy food OR by working out and drinking extra water.

Either of these seemed to get me back on track. I've now dropped 26.4k and am struggling with finding a balance in diet that will keep me at my goal without packing the weight back on.

Best of luck to ya. Drink extra water, eat cleanly (no dairy, breads, pastas, sweets) and you'll be fine!

-Rain
  • Mojave69
    Mojave69 Posts: 40
    Options
    I had something somewhat similar. At around 14 stone my weight really fluxtuated between 14 st and 14,2 (which really gutted me as I was wishing to see the magical '13') I looked at all the plateau threads and related sites and got a bit down in the dumps about the whole thing. I kept with my diet and plan for 2 weeks during this period as I felt that I didn't want to get used to taking in more calories (or zig zag them) and I found that in the third week the weight started to drop off again.
  • Mojave69
    Options
    I had something somewhat similar. At around 14 stone my weight really fluxtuated between 14 st and 14,2 (which really gutted me as I was wishing to see the magical '13') I looked at all the plateau threads and related sites and got a bit down in the dumps about the whole thing. I kept with my diet and plan for 2 weeks during this period as I felt that I didn't want to get used to taking in more calories (or zig zag them) and I found that in the third week the weight started to drop off again.
  • sdoherty1000
    sdoherty1000 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You managed on 1200-1400 calories a day? I guess the only true way to find out whats wrong is to lower my calories back down to a smaller amount and see what direction that takes me in.

Thank you for your comment
  • sdoherty1000
    sdoherty1000 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Your diet plan consisted of how many calories?

thanks
  • Mojave69
    Options
    1240. I generally gain a lot of calories back due to regular running and squash though (squash is unbelievable at providing calorie lovin'!). I found the plateau weeks to be when I was exercising pretty heavy too. Its a bit of a weird one, but my advice would be to stick with what you are doing. I did have a bit of a plateau to deal with but I have got a bit addicted/anal with the printed weigh-ins at the gym so Ive probably noticed fluctuations more.