This is driving me insane.

Options
I've been eating well within my calorie limits, and i've been burning over how many calories i should be burning per week, YET MY WEIGHT IS NOT GOING DOWN. :sad:

I don't understand why!

I've already been doing this for 7 days and i haven't lost ANY weight at all!

ugh. someone please explain what is going on because i'm going crazy.

Replies

• Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • AnaBackwards
    Options
    pardon?
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    It means they don't have an answer for you, but want to keep track of the thread because it's of interest of them.

It's sort of short hand for what I just said, especially since I don't have an answer either, but have roughly the same problem.
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Bumped it to see what everybody thinks, as i am in the same position as u, i have been burning more then what i'm supposed and i am not losing any weight , so i decided to eat my exercise calories back for today , hoping to see movement on the scale
  • craynor5
    craynor5 Posts: 5
    Options
    Weight loss takes time.

My suggestion is not to weigh yourself everyday - it's unnecessary and not representative of your actual weight because often the conditions, what you ate, clothing, water weight etc. are different.

Additionally, it is healthiest to lose a pound to 2 pounds a week and so many scales do not show small incremental changes.

I suggest to start weighing yourself weekly. Under the same conditions; for example, first thing Monday morning, naked after going to the bathroom. This will provide you with a more accurate representation of any weight lost (or gained).

But most importantly remember that this takes time and hard work you will constantly be having to adjust your lifestyle until you find what works for you.

Good Luck
  • AnaBackwards
    Options
    It means they don't have an answer for you, but want to keep track of the thread because it's of interest of them.

It's sort of short hand for what I just said, especially since I don't have an answer either, but have roughly the same problem.
    :cry:
  • AnaBackwards
    Options
    Weight loss takes time.

My suggestion is not to weigh yourself everyday - it's unnecessary and not representative of your actual weight because often the conditions, what you ate, clothing, water weight etc. are different.

Additionally, it is healthiest to lose a pound to 2 pounds a week and so many scales do not show small incremental changes.

I suggest to start weighing yourself weekly. Under the same conditions; for example, first thing Monday morning, naked after going to the bathroom. This will provide you with a more accurate representation of any weight lost (or gained).

But most importantly remember that this takes time and hard work you will constantly be having to adjust your lifestyle until you find what works for you.

Good Luck

Thank you

what;s also bothering me is that i started exercising about a month ago but i didn't weigh myself back then. so when i started to lose fat, i got excited and motivated and bought a scale. so now the number i have is the 'new number' and i wish i knew what my number was a month ago! :(
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    If it has only been a week, you have to be more patient. Cookie, you need to change up your workouts, maybe. Incorporate more weights and eat more.

I'm not very clever, though, so my advice is probably meaningless.
  • ShannonBurdick
    Options
    I just read an article from the Mayo Clinic about this problem. It said to reduce your daily calorie intake by 200 and up your exercise intensity. It also said to go over your diet and exercise plan to see if you might have gone lax in some area. Hope this helps! Good luck!
  • MargieHere
    MargieHere Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I was not eating enough and my body went into slight starvation mode. Take a look at other peoples food diary's. It really gives an insight as to how much you should be eating! I was the same weight for 2 weeks in a row and did everything right :angry: Good Luck!
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Weight loss takes time.

Good Luck

This is when I weigh myself as well- except I do Friday instead of Monday so I feel like I worked up to it all week. Maybe you aren't taking in ENOUGH calories to compensate for all that you are burning-- or the right kind of calories. Just a thought. I'm in the same situation. Best of luck to us all ;)
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i have the same issue. my weight flucuates like 3 pounds evry day. it's really irratating
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    "Bump" means she was keeping it at the top so it would be seen and get a response.

I don't have a scale, so I am kind of going crazy to know if I am losing weight or not. My clothes are getting to be more comfortable, though, so I know I'm making progress. I have been at it a little over 2 weeks. A week is not long at ALL! Just keep going, stay steady, and you will get there.
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    If it has only been a week, you have to be more patient. Cookie, you need to change up your workouts, maybe. Incorporate more weights and eat more.

I'm not very clever, though, so my advice is probably meaningless.

Heather I dont ever want to see you putting youeself down like this again - its pretty sensible information and I would rather listen to you and your year of experience than a lot of other "educated" posters with 1 weeks experience! lol

OP there is nothing you can do about tracking how much weight you have lost other than the changes you have found in your clothes so far. Do you have a goal to work towards? A BMI? BF%? Dress size? Ideal weight (realistic!) Take measurements of your waist, chest and hips and track that and your weight ONCE a week at the same time on the same day after your morning pee is normally the best. I put weight on at the start, a lifestyle change is a huge thing for your body to get used to and it will take time - you didn't put that weight on overnight did you?

Best of luck
    Karen
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I didn't weigh myself before I started, but once I did, I didn't drop any weight for the first few weeks. I like to think my body was saying, "Hey! What the hell are you playing at? Why all the activity? Why aren't you eating more? Where's the Butterfingers, dammit!?!" and holding on to every once it could. Once it realized I was serious about what I was doing, the pounds started dropping. :smile:

I think it helped for me that I was focusing on a non-scale goal - training to run a 5k - rather than dropping pounds. I knew I was improving my health, so what happened with my weight was secondary.
  • leighton1245
    leighton1245 Posts: 125
    Options
    Weight in everyone will fluctuate 3 - 5lbs everyday and even from morning to night it will change. What I would suggest as many have before just hold out for a little while longer and you should start seeing results. What you can do in the mean time is make sure your eating is clean and stay under your cal goal. With staying under your calorie goal you have to have a total deficit of 3200cals a to burn 1lbs per week. I hope that helps
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    don't get discouraged. Again, none of us have all the answers, but I'll share a few things that I know have impacted the scales for me:
    increasing exercise - can last a couple of days, but I find I hold a lot more water when I've changed a routine (up to 5lbs - YUCK!)
    not drinking enough water - yes, really!
    certain times of the month
    sodium intake

as others have mentioned, how your clothes are fitting is really the best measure of success.