Looking forward to hopefully a successful 2009

Options
Happened upon this site while trying to find a place to call home. Like what I have seen so far. A little confused on the "food" breakdown but still navigating my way thru. End up with negative in the protein column and haven't decided if that's a no-no. Have been exercising, ran a half-marathon in December and training for another in April but during the process seem to stay the same weight and even gain while training. A little frustrated but going to keep the food "chart" and try and see where I have been going wrong! Thanks.

Replies

• Redbug
    Redbug Posts: 41
    Options
    Happened upon this site while trying to find a place to call home. Like what I have seen so far. A little confused on the "food" breakdown but still navigating my way thru. End up with negative in the protein column and haven't decided if that's a no-no. Have been exercising, ran a half-marathon in December and training for another in April but during the process seem to stay the same weight and even gain while training. A little frustrated but going to keep the food "chart" and try and see where I have been going wrong! Thanks.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Howdy! :smile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Going over on protein can't be that bad for you.
    I most certainly go over or under in all my categories daily.
    I have no idea how others make theirs balance!
    I just keep check on the total calories.

Welcome to MFP!! :flowerforyou:
  • Redbug
    Options
    Lauyrn1981
    You have a beautiful daughter. I have two boys and now a daughter-in-law which is a whole new ballpark for me. I loved shopping for a girl at Christmas, even though she's 23.
    I think this site is a great tool and appreciate your post. I will keep it in mind when figuring out my foods. This sure beats trying to figure it out manually and then recording it!
    After running in December I haven't done much in the way of exercise because I have never been one to stay on an exercise program, much less run. But like you, I am learning -- just hope I learn to love doing it and soon.
  • Redbug
    Options
    Howdy, Carl.
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    welcome:flowerforyou: you can change the % of fat, protein and carbs that you want to consume. A lot of people think the protein % is low, so I changed my percentages around to a higher protein count. I still go over or under on everything, but it seems more balanced. Good luck.:smile:
  • Redbug
    Options
    Where do you go to change the %? I haven't been able to find it.
    Thanks.
  • Redbug
    Options
    Found where to change the percentages.