Goal 135!!!

Options
I'm 20, 5'2 and 157 pounds.
I started my weight loss at 162 and in 2 months got down to 152.
I lost weight before but as soon as I get close to 150 my weight loss stops or I get discouraged and start eating crazy and gain my weight back. That's what happen this last time, I got down to 152 and in a little over 2 weeks I stepped on the scale and it was back to 160.
MyfitnessPal helped me lose the weight but when I got discouraged I stopped counting my calories and that was my mistake. Because it was then that my weight was right back where I started.
My goal weight is 135 but I would be extremely happy to see 145. Just to not have to look at 150 would be great.
I would love to hear weight loss stories or even advice. Thanks so much for reading.

Replies

• Sheenarie08
    Sheenarie08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've never written on here before but I have the same problem! My highest was 165lb! I was miserable, I know how you feel I do the same exact things that you do. Right now I'm at 151lb. I got down to 148lb & I was over the moon but I started my bad habits again & gained it back. Are you going to the gym at all? I try to go Monday -Thursday for 1hr to 1 hr 1/2. We have the same stats, I'm 5'2 as well.
  • mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Eat under your maintenence. Log your food, eat mainly whole food sources. Do regular cardio and some form of resistance training. Stay dedicated, never give up and come join us at club shredded. Let's GO.
  • Queen_Vanellope
    Queen_Vanellope Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    135 is my goal weight too. I've tried and failed several times, but the encouragement I've been receiving here has been really helpful, and is making it easier this time around. We can do it!
  • AnjaliSD
    AnjaliSD Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    135 is also my goal weight. I'm currently 158 lbs, Last year around this time I had gotten down to 146, but have since put on the weight again.

I have to admit, seeing the weight be below 150 was magical, and I felt amazing.And it felt like such an accomplishment.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I share a similar story. Celebrate mile stone success and forget this needs to be a lifestyle change. At 5ft 4 my weight bounce is 125 to 150 lbs. Oddly my barrier is 132.3 lbs. I share that because of the psychology that round numbers create. If I said 60 kilos, was a barrier then it makes much more sense. Same weight just different labels. Maybe Try removing the barrier by ignoring it and using the other weight scale to see trends.
  • laylahernandez904
    Options
    Thanks for yalls time. I would like to friend yall so we can encourage and follow eachother on our jouney. I don't go to the gym but I have been running everyday for about thirty minutes. My goal is to start walking/running 2 miles a day. I'm a stay at home mom so it's been hard to get motivated. But I have set a goal. My birthday is October 28, and I would be extremely proud if i can get down 20 pounds by then.
    This is the first time I have ever blogged or whatever this is called. Lol I have been using this app for a while but just to track calories. But I would love to get to know yall.
    And it's awesome to know there are people that are basically in the same weight rage as me.
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is 135, too. I've been back and forth with calorie logging on MFP for years and have FINALLY found some success this year having lost about 20 lbs so far! I found some exercise I really love (yoga!) and am have been adding in weight training and cardio into the mix more recently. I'm as motivated as I've ever been, but would always love some new friends on here to add to the support! :)
  • laylahernandez904
    Options
    Thank you all so much and I am always open to making new friends!! :-*
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Some good threads for you to read to help you get started on this process:
    Logging Accurately Step by Step Guide
    A Guide to Get You Started on Your Path to Sexypants
    So You Want a Nice Stomach
    In Place of a Road Map

9055.gif

:drinker:
    My original goal was 130 lbs. Now it's 122.

Highest adult weight: 260 lbs
    Current weight: approx 130 lbs (recent scale low was 128.3...yesterdays weight actually, but with fluctuations my average is still about 130)
    Original goal: 130 lbs
    New goal: 122 lbs
    Height: 5'4.5"
    Honestly, I'm just seeing if losing a couple more pounds will lean out my stomach some. I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do when I get there, but I know it's either going to be trying recomp or a bulk. Recently when I went shopping I was pleasantly surprised that I can fit into US sizes 2-6 depending on cut and/or brand (example: I tried on 3 pairs of shorts from the same brand...in one cut, I was a size 2...in one I was a slightly loose 4, but not quite a 2...and the last pair, a low rise cut, I needed a 6). It was a nice surprise since I weigh about what I did in high school and then I wore sizes 8/9 - 10/11.

I might be rambling about now....I blame the cold meds I was put on. :drinker:
  • laylahernandez904
    Options
    Wow, that's really awesome. Thank you for sharing your story. I know it's possible but the motivation has to be there.
    I think about it alot. And the scale is my worst enemy. I weigh myself everyday.
    And all i have to lose is 20 pounds.
    It's so close but so far away. Lol
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's really awesome. Thank you for sharing your story. I know it's possible but the motivation has to be there.
    I think about it alot. And the scale is my worst enemy. I weigh myself everyday.
    And all i have to lose is 20 pounds.
    It's so close but so far away. Lol

Have you considered using an app like Happy Scale that will look at the overall trend of all your weigh in's?

I also weigh daily, but I use trendweight.com (site that links to my Fitbit account) to see my overall trend.
  • Bamabreeze67
    Bamabreeze67 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just started my journey my goal is 135 ....I'm at 170 today doing lipotropic injections with b12 and other Amino Acids also phentermine Dr prescribed and monitored.. Hubby and I walk two miles each evening with lots of steep hills. I also was told to do a 1100 to 1200 cal diet and lots of water. So far no side effects from meds or shots and I log everything I eat. Good luck on your journey add me as a friend if you like
  • laylahernandez904
    Options
    Good news I lost 2 pounds.
    I'M AT 155.
  • lucylu7406
    lucylu7406 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My goal weight was 135, I started out at 153. Now I'm down to 136. I log in everyday workout 5 or 6 times a week. I'm doing T25, it's awesome!
  • jesha00
    jesha00 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I'll do well, lose weight, and then feel like I can be more lax because I've lost weight. Then I end up gaining it back and then a little extra. I started trying to lose weight last October when my all-time high hit 146. Somehow I've managed to increase that to 153. I'm not happy about this and yet I still cannot get out of this cycle!!!! I'm 5'3" btw. Up until a few years ago I was always at 136. I cannot believe I've gained almost 20lbs while TRYING to lose weight!!!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Go shadow2soul!!!! AWESOME. For LaylahErnandez904 an engineer's solution is excel spreadsheet tracking of your weekly weight trend. Salty meals, time of month, dehydration, etc hugely impact weigh ins. Try measuring waist chest thighs hips etc as they can be toning as you put on muscle and boost your metabolism but do not loose weight. Scales in isolation and short term are NOT to be trusted.
  • AnjaliSD
    AnjaliSD Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Way to go Layla!

I agree that tracking measurements might help show progress better than just looking at your weight.
  • nspink22
    nspink22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'2 and currently, I am 154. I used to be very athletic in high school and weighed 109 at the time, but 10 years later, I've packed on the weight. Looking to get down to 128, which is where I was around this time 3 years ago.
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ! Im 5'3" and my goal is around 130.
    Im currently flip flopping contstantly between 140-145 and cant seem to keep it off.
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Another voice to encourage taking measurements. While I don't want to discourage you from your goal, I encourage you to set realistic expectations (per your previous posts that when you get discouraged is when you tend to slide back to the unhealthy habits [I do some of the same]). 20 lbs in about 7 weeks (September 9-October 28) is a lot. Averaging 2 lbs a week is aggressive and generally only a good idea for people who are pretty obese (and you would need to lose about 3lbs/week to achieve 20lbs in that time frame; if you do achieve it, it's probably not healthy and you're more likely to gain it back). I would target an average loss of about 1lb/week. Remember that the weight will come off more slowly as you get closer to your goal. Some good threads were recommended above. It will take longer, but it's more likely to stay off.

Make sure you're setting achievable goals for yourself (not saying easy) to help you not get discouraged. Also, don't limit your goals to the scale. Walk/running 2 miles/day is a great one. Set nutrition goals (hit your protein macro/stay under sugar/drink 10 glasses of water per day/etc.). Set measurement goals (lose 1 inch off your waist in a month). The scale can get discouraging because it's subject to so many other factors; keep at something at least a month before you adjust. Finding some resistance training, even if it's just body weight kind of stuff, will definitely help with the inches.

A little about me so you know where I'm coming from: I'm 29, 5' 5" and joined MFP when I hit 187 about two years ago. Last year I got down to about 150 (that's been a tough plateau for me to break too), but then started sliding and gained about 15 back over the winter. I got engaged this summer and have used that to help motivate me to get back on the wagon and am now around 155. My ultimate goal is to be at 125 by my wedding next July, but I would be pretty happy with 135. I use a daily tracking app (Libra) that gives me a trend, I do weekly weigh-ins in a notebook and here, and I take measurements about once a month.

Good luck in your continued journey. Be healthy!

TLDR: 20lbs in 7 weeks is probably unhealthy at your current weight. I suggest targeting closer to 1-1.5 lb loss per week. Set goals for exercise/nutrition/measurements, rather than focusing too much on the scale. Read the threads that were suggested by shadow2soul. Good luck and be healthy!