getting recipes on my fitness pal

Options
How do you transfer a pintrest recipe to my fitness pal if you want to create a recipe? One time my sister made homemade pound cake and offered me a slice. But even though she sent me the pintrest link for the recipe to my facebook messenger. I couldn't figure out how to get the recipe on here. I tried to copy and paste it but it didn't work.. we couldn't figure out how how many servings were in the pound cake so I didn't do it manually. Eventually I just searched for the closest match for buttermilk pound cake and chose that but it would have be nice to use a more accurate option and use the actual recipe she made. Idk what I did wrong..does anybody know how the recipe feature works? If so, how can I get pintrest recipes on here so I can log them in the future
problem free so I don't have to spend 30 minutes trying to figure it out when I could have already eaten the pound cake lol ?

Replies

• rachelbl72
    rachelbl72 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Don't think you can copy it in, you have to physically add recipie yourself adding ingredients 1 by 1. Go to My Recipes and Food and click on the + sign at top right if using iPhone and add all ingredients there.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I do all the ingredients individually. I use the old recipe builder. Not sure how the new uploader works.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you can import a recipe with a link. i do it all the time.
  • notcrazychef
    notcrazychef Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes import recipe is a choice all you need is the web link address type that in and let app do,it magic, sometimes it does not work though if a lot,text other than recipe on the page