Midnight snacks?

Options
MalbaJayne
MalbaJayne Posts: 24 Member
hey all! One of my biggest health struggles is how hungry I get at night - and that I can't sleep if my stomach is growling!! Tips for healthy late night snacking? Ideally less than 200 calories but with protein and filling!

Replies

• jessicab1980
    jessicab1980 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and fruit
  • omnipotentmiku
    omnipotentmiku Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Well not long ago I had something as simple as a medium banana, a cup of strawberries, and half a serving of peanut butter. That came out to be 237 calories. Only about 5 grams of protein but it was pretty filling.
  • RhodeWarrior401
    RhodeWarrior401 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    beef jerky, greek yogurt, a few almonds (<<< careful, calorie dense) and a light string cheese stick.
  • RhodeWarrior401
    RhodeWarrior401 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i start and end my day with fruit, its my favorite.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I like the Luna or Think Thin bars. They satisfy my evening sweet tooth and keep me full. I also like Sugar Free Vanilla pudding topped with Bear Naked Granola (my favorite is the maple-licious pecan).
  • jessica_sodenkamp
    jessica_sodenkamp Posts: 34 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Avocado on toast. Filling because of the fat so it will tie you over till morning:)ute2j09ch1p0.jpg
  • midnighthaze56
    midnighthaze56 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and fruit

Well not long ago I had something as simple as a medium banana, a cup of strawberries, and half a serving of peanut butter. That came out to be 237 calories. Only about 5 grams of protein but it was pretty filling.

Adding this to my snacks thank you!
  • mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and fruit
    I used to time how fast I could eat a pot of cottage cheese.
  • missassy1
    missassy1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I make cheese chips with green sauce I dip it in or avocado :)
  • shadowconn
    shadowconn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yogurt and bananas I have found works really well. This is from someone who once ate a pan of cinnamon rolls at 3am. A LARGE pan. like 18 of them. and if you tend to sleep eat like I do . . . no snack cakes . . no candy. no cereal in the house. I've also eaten entire boxes of cereal at 3am. And hten I wake up and go . . why am I not hungry? . . what happened to X food . . . sonofa!!!!!
  • kalislim
    kalislim Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    -yogurt sometimes I add 1/3 crumbled granola bar
    -1 slice of low cal bread with a little peanut butter and 1/2 banana chopped on top
    -string cheese
    -1/2 can of tuna mixed with tzatziki
  • kalislim
    kalislim Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    oops, left out my fav edamame
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I've been on a proatmeal kick...I make 6 servings all at once and have them portioned in the fridge.
    Each serving has 0.5 cup quick oats, 0.25 cup blueberries, 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon, and 3 T muscle milk whey protein vanilla.

I cook up 6 servings of the quick oats, and add the blueberries in with the oats when the water is cooking. Then I turn off the heat and let it sit (I am lazy).

I put those in little tupperware containers that I can heat individually. I mix up 3 tablespoons of the protein powder with about half a cup of water in a mason jar (shake it). I use that as the milk.

Comes in at 230 calories, but is SUPER filling and tons of protein. It is my current favorite late night eat and VERY filling.

I also really love a small apple and string cheese, and that comes in at about 150 calories with some protein.

• gailhamiltonstar964
    Options
    I love cheese so I'd go for a couple of crackers on cheese. I'd choose a hard cheese like cheddar or Edam/ Gouda. Although it contains fat it's more satisfying than cottage cheese so you will feel fuller. Plus it's tasty too;)
  • itsmuqtadar
    itsmuqtadar Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    One Full glass of skim Milk.
  • desiresdestiny
    desiresdestiny Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Quest bars, bowl of cereal that's high in Protein
  • ntinkham88
    ntinkham88 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Maybe cheese or peanut butter. I usually don't need much to fill me up :)
  • chefdonna1
    chefdonna1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and fruit

• chefdonna1
    chefdonna1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Summertime is watermelon time. Love eating this as a snack all day and evening.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Melba toast with laughing cow light cheese wedge spread on top