Where can I enter my BMI?

Options
I enjoy viewing my progress weight loss graph to motivate me and would like to enter my BMI as well cause sometimes muscle gains wont reflect on weight loss but BMI will continue dropping even if I've gained weight. Thanks for any help or corrections.

Cheers!

Replies

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    BMI is directly related to weight, so if you gain weight you will most definitely go up in your BMI.

Do you mean body fat %?

In any case, if you go into the weight tracking part of MFP, you will see a place where you can "track additional measurements". You can add anything you want there.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    You have to create a custom measurement on the Web version, then you can enter data on both the Web version or mobile apps.
    Please see this article, and search for other helpful articles, on the MFP Help pages...
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/10704-can-i-track-additional-measurements-or-change-the-default-measurements-
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Actually the opposite will happen. If you gain weight your BMI will increase. This is exactly the reason the BMI scale is so flawed. People who carry a lower body fat % and higher muscle mass can actually have a higher BMI reading showing that they are obese. A lot of insurance companies use BMI alone and it causes higher premiums for people that are actually very healthy.
  • balboabilly
    balboabilly Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That's right its bodyfat!! I knew I'd mess it up. Thanks guys!! @jeffpettis @CyberTone @SingRunTing i got the body fat% graph started up
  • charlotte3679
    charlotte3679 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Why does the link go to SalesForce @CyberTone ? I'd like to add in a BMI option on mine.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    @charlotte3679

Web sites change over the years and this thread is almost seven years old.

Options to track additional measurements are available on your Check-in tab.