Confused about food diary

Options
Deva1026
Deva1026 Posts: 29 Member
I entered 5 large strawberries (which yields about 2 cups ) into my food diary and the calories are different as if I enter it by cup...?
Anyone on this one?

Replies

• JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Not too sure why the difference, but I tend to try to weigh most of my food so I go by grams so I know I'm being accurate. I personally tend to over estimate my food, so I would go with the higher value.
  • karlafales
    karlafales Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    sometimes if you choose another of the entries it provides you in the search you can get closer to what you actually had. For example, cutting up the strawberries might yield a different amount. There might also be an entry for individual strawberries. I also will compare with the container for prepared foods. I can usually get something close. If in doubt, I use a higher amount and go with it.
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I weigh everything too. How many calories are in a strawberry? That depends on how big it is. One big one will have more than one small one. How much you fit into a cup depends on how you cut it up. 100g of strawberries, is 100g, no matter how you cut it.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    and thats why I am all about weighing my foods. Its a great investment and doesn't cost all that much. I bought a cheap one from Walmart about 4 years ago, and the display on it starting going a few days ago. As luck would have it, Canadian Tire had a really good one on sale for about $23 from regular price of $50 and it is friggin amazing. My husband jokes and said if a food scale and MFP had a baby, that would be it lol. It has codes for a load of foods so you can weigh it and it will tell you how many calories, carbs, fat, etc. You can weigh something and store it in the memory with all the nutritional values in it to use again later. You can do all sorts of stuff. LOVE IT!!!