Best Whey Protein?

Options
I've been using BioChem and BiPro (both of which I highly recommend), but I'm looking to change things up. I've heard great things about Cellucor Whey, Optimum Nutrition whey, PES Select, and Quest (which is somewhat overrated IMO). If you use any of these what flavors do your recommend?! What's your go-to brand? :p

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    MTS cookies and cream.
  • jenihullett
    jenihullett Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I use MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder. It doesn't get "gritty" like some of the other stuff I've tried, and the taste is really good, especially the vanilla.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Optimal Nutrition or a UK company called My Protein. Fairly low calories and decent protein (21g) per scoop. Both mix well and have plenty of flavours. Very trusted brands. Try to stay away from anything you can buy in a supermarket (overpriced and they use fillers making the content misleading and inaccurate).
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Best as far as what?

Be more specific or else you'll just get a lot of opinions based on 1 or 2 protein powders that person has tried in their lifetime.
  • fishnc13
    fishnc13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Best taste? Muscle Milk IMO. However the calorie to protein ratio is a little low.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    Best as far as what?

Be more specific or else you'll just get a lot of opinions based on 1 or 2 protein powders that person has tried in their lifetime.

Best in terms of quality/flavor and use in cooking!

A whey/casein blend, preferably cheap and not full of spiked aminos, which are identified by ending in "-ine" on the ingredients label. There are different sales every week so this question would be better answered on a site with a forum that also sells these supplements, like bodybuilding.com

Most blends are 100-150 calories per scoop and 18-26 grams protein. When it comes to "Best", it should really about being tasty, affordable, and not full of fillers. People like to pick apart the calories/carbs/fat/sodium/etc., but nothing else really matters since most of these powders are very similar aside from the 3 points I touched on.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    BioChem that must be real organic! Hahahahaha I couldn't resist carry on with your discussion of little miss muffit's favorite meal.
  • Liss_2014
    Liss_2014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Isagenix by far!!!! Made from Un-natured grass fed cows in New Zealand!!!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Quest protein really is amazing. I just tried the PEScience Cookies and it is amazing!
  • jaywirth88
    jaywirth88 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Taste wise, I've tried a lot of different flavors/ brands and my all time favorite is Quest Peanut butter shake. It is so delicious!!! The quest protein bars are amazing as well, they legitimately taste like candy bars.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Money is tight so can't go for the premium brands. I go to BB.com and look for the BOGO deals. Pretty decent for the price. I just got 8 lbs for 50 bucks.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    dhimaan wrote: »
    Money is tight so can't go for the premium brands. I go to BB.com and look for the BOGO deals. Pretty decent for the price. I just got 8 lbs for 50 bucks.

Here are a couple of deals for quality protein if you're strapped for cash:

Vitamin Shoppe is offering BOGO 50% off on their store brands PLUS 15% off $50+ with code UY34EW8A. You can pick up two 5 pound tubs of their premium Body Tech Whey Pro (comparable to ON Gold Standard) for about $67.

If you're a Costco member, their online store has a 10 pound bag of MusclePharm Combat Powder on sale for $60 plus $3 shipping. It's a blend of whey, casein and egg proteins.

I usually looks for deals on MyProtein. I was recently able to pick up an 11 pound bag of whey isolate and an 11 pound bag of casein for just over $100 shipped.
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options

sixxpoint wrote: »
    Best as far as what?

Best in terms of quality/flavor and use in cooking!

I have used Quest and a couple other brands but I always go back to Cellucor. I love baking with my protein and have tried many recipes with both Cellucor and Quest. I just wasn't a fan of Quest to be honest, I was a little disappointed with the flavor/texture but that's just my opinion. My favorite flavors of Cellucor Whey are Mint Chocolate Chip, Red Velvet, and Peanut butter Marshmallow. I usually order from Campus Protein or BB.com! :) Hope this helps.
  • asimmons26
    asimmons26 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Isagenix by far is the best! Body fat percentage went from 22% to 16% which is pretty good for a female.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    asimmons26 wrote: »
    Isagenix by far is the best! Body fat percentage went from 22% to 16% which is pretty good for a female.

Lol Isagenix didn't make you lose body fat...

A caloric deficit did.