Rotisserie Chicken

Options
Had rotisserie chicken from Costco tonight and it was sooooo good! Rice and veggies! Rice-a-Roni is SUPER high in sodium, but still low in cals.

Replies

• quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I love Costco rotisserie chicken!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I also love rotisserie chicken from Costco. I learned that it's best to take it all off the bone right away when I get home and then cut it into bites. Then I can use it for a variety of things: I mix it with Indian simmer sauce and put it over rice, through some on a salad, mince it and make chicken salad. I often eat the legs right after I get home with it as a special treat before I work with the rest it.
  • JeffBrown3
    JeffBrown3 Posts: 161 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I just bought a cuisinart rotisserie and was wondering, how do you log the chicken in MFP exactly? I saw a few whole chicken entries but they were all over the charts.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I take the skin off and weight the meat in grams.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Just weigh it - that's the safest way, and the most accurate.
  • JeffBrown3
    edited September 2015
    Options
    So to clarify, separate entries for leg, breast, thigh etc... That's what I wondered thank you!!

Eta - I do weigh all foods
  • mccindy72
    Options
    JeffBrown3 wrote: »
    So to clarify, separate entries for leg, breast, thigh etc... That's what I wondered thank you!!

I don't do separate entries for parts, just for dark vs. white meat once it's deboned and weighed.
  • JeffBrown3
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    JeffBrown3 wrote: »

I don't do separate entries for parts, just for dark vs. white meat once it's deboned and weighed.

Awesome thank you for replying. White vs. Dark would be so much easier, thank you!!
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Costco chicken is soooo good! I could have kicked myself the other day when I bought a frozen uncooked chicken. I checked the prices, and I could have bought a Costco chicken for much less and not have to cook it myself
  • mccindy72
    Options
    hotnumber wrote: »
    Costco chicken is soooo good! I could have kicked myself the other day when I bought a frozen uncooked chicken. I checked the prices, and I could have bought a Costco chicken for much less and not have to cook it myself

Right? Once we priced them... we never buy whole roasting chickens anymore, just a rotisserie chicken for quick dinner night.