Just Do It

Options
I love the Nike slogan. It simply captures what is at once so hard and so easy about this.

Just Do It.

Weight loss or gain is a simple matter of physical laws, of burning energy to create or destroy fat. If we Just Do It, we will succeed.

Just Do It doesn't mean it'll be fun all the time.

Just Do It doesn't mean we can have results overnight. There is no way to cram for this. If I could cram for weightloss I'd be the fittest guy on the planet - I'm a pro at the all-nighter, the last minute huge effort, pulling it out of the fire at the last minute. Unfortunately, that's no good at all. I have to Just Do It every single damn day.

Just Do It doesn't mean I'll never be hungry. Hunger is a reminder that I'm losing weight, and that I'm stressed out and stress doesn't always mean I have to eat now. I just have to eat the plan.

Just Do It means if I keep watching my weight, it will keep going down. I am motivated by my progress, and motivated to keep it coming.

Just Do It means exercising even if I hate it. It's the only way to get the muscles that will ultimately get me the kind of attention I want from my wife :-)

Just Do It means I don't need motivation all the time. I need motivation some of the time, willpower some of the time, and the ability to keep a mistake from turning into falling off the plan completely.

Just Do It means it is simple to do. And it is. I simply have to Just Do It.

Just Do It.

Osric

Replies