It has literally just clicked...

Options
Just sat here casually scrolling through the message boards in order to numb that niggling pain that is boredom binge eating and an advert comes on the TV.

The new British Heart Foundation ad with the little boy in school talking to the ghost of his dad before he finds out that he's passed away.

Now, I'm not normally an emotional person in that respect, and maybe it's just one of those days today, but that really hit me.

As much as I'm not really into having children just yet, if ever, I am completely and totally in love with my boyfriend of six years and the thought of leaving him early because of the food choices that I am making now is utterly devastating.

I've come down from 19st9lb to 16st11lb just now but keep yo-yoing back up to early 17's although I really think I've just had the light bulb moment after watching that advert.

Has anyone else seen the advert yet? Or has anyone else had a light bulb moment where it all just clicked and brought motivation with it?

Replies

• RustyJen55
    RustyJen55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes.... it's a very powerful advert!
  • sugarplum181
    sugarplum181 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I watched the advert the other night and had to leave the room, it broke my heart I have a 3 year old son and it petrifies me at the thought of him losing his mummy. I've woke up this morning determined to do this (after that many failed attempts I've lost count) well done on the weight loss you've managed that's amazing! Good luck with the remainder of your journey everyone at MFP is just a click away waiting to support you xxx
  • samit0921
    samit0921 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    They've done well with that advert, I think it will hit a lot of people hard. I don't even have children and it hit me in the stomach so god knows how it feels when you have a child around that age as well! Good luck with starting again, sometimes you just need something like this to kickstart your motivation :) xxx
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I hate that advert. It's total emotional blackmail. Just wrong.