Calories not counted from Apple Watch

Options
I just got an Apple Watch. Today I burned 662 calories using the Watch settings for Indoor Cycle, Elliptical, Other and Indoor Walking. I also registered nearly 14,000 steps. MyFitness Pal registered only the calories earned from the Indoor Cycle, Elliptical and Others, which totaled about 159 calories, and disregarded the rest.

I have the MFP app installed on the Apple Watch and I have steps turned on. MFP is showing the correct number of steps, but not registering any calories associated with walking.

What is wrong?

Replies

• LarsHaagen
    LarsHaagen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same problem for me, so far I have not found a fix for it. Some report that restarts help, but I have not had any luck with that.
    The steps taken will only count as long as I do no exercise on the day, as soon as I track any exercise the step count will not add the kcal-count.
  • ebertus
    ebertus Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same issue here... super annoying. Have either of you tried preventing MFP from being able to read exercise data in HealthKit/Apple Watch and then just manually add the exercises to MFP? I was thinking of trying that to see if it would let it still count my steps for calories.