APPLE CIDER VINEGAR?

Options
Hello!

I'm just curious to know whether anybody has given apple cider vinegar a go?
Did you notice any differences in health, skin, energy, etc?
I've read so many good things about the stuff but I would love to here peoples personal experiences rather than just believing everything in an article :)

I've heard it helps weight loss, which is why I have considered buying it, but I just wanted some reviews first :smile:

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    @shants I have the same question. I read it could help lower bad cholesterol levels but since losing weight does the same thing maybe it does help with weight loss. We will see if you get some replies.

By the way welcome to MFP forums. There are a lot of special groups to be found with a lot of special knowledge and experiences from what I have read over the past year.
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    Options
    I take a tablespoon to kill my sugar cravings (works every time) and have used it to stop heartburn. I can't say it helps with weight loss or any of the other claims that are out there.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    It makes a nice tangy addition to many recipes and dressings.

It does not have any magical properties to cure disease, burn fat, or whatever woo is being perpetuated these days
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I like it on my salads and it seems to help some with uti issues, but that's all I can say about It. I certainly wouldn't count on it to help with weight loss or all the other magical claims. But if you like the taste , then go for it
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I use it to cook my black beans, part of the recipe. It does nothing for my weight loss
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

It does not have any magical properties to cure disease, burn fat, or whatever woo is being perpetuated these days

This.

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

This.

I find myself nodding slowly to a lot of your posts at the moment.

Nod nod nod.
  • LadyTalulah
    LadyTalulah Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    @shants I have the same question. I read it could help lower bad cholesterol levels but since losing weight does the same thing maybe it does help with weight loss. We will see if you get some replies.

By the way welcome to MFP forums. There are a lot of special groups to be found with a lot of special knowledge and experiences from what I have read over the past year.

Luckily for everyone you're not in that group.

Dude, what gives? That's so rude...
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I like it in olive oil as a salad dressing.
  • LadyTalulah
    LadyTalulah Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Like everyone is saying, ACV doesn't have "fat burning" qualities, but it does help a lot with digestion. I take it whenever I feel nauseas, bloated or gassy and it never fails. And as we all know a healthy digestive system = faster metabolism. So in that sense, it can "help" but it's affects or minimal to none if your diet and exercise plan aren't on point anyway.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

Luckily for everyone you're not in that group.
    You only have 7 posts yet I've read 2 of them in the last few minutes that dig at the same poster. Don't be a bully, it's not nice. If you disagree say so and say why but don't personalise it!
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    ...and Mysterymeat is gone, only to return as another troll in the near future.

I'll echo the others as far as Apple Cider Vinegar being a useful flavor enhancer if you like the taste but it isn't some miralce diet aid.

It is however, a miracle wart remover. I had two warts on my middle finger for decades. I had a Doctor freeze them, I picked and cut at them but they always returned as soon as the damage healed. OTC treatments did nothing. I read an article about ACV and warts and figured why not try it. That was over three years ago and the warts are still gone. I've used it on moles and skin tags since then as well. apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/removal-of-warts-using-apple-cider-vinegar.html

No before shot but they were next to each other. This is when treatment first started.

3ywv6hfnt0l6.jpg

After they came off. I should mention the pain was excrutiating due to how sensitive the cuticle region is but it was worth it for the final result.

cbtgfmt0dblp.jpg

Gone!

uer8xzof4kgh.jpg

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I use it a lot because I like the zip it gives things, but it has not earned it's reputation for being a miracle worker when it comes to weight loss. Not IMO.
  • DennyB1964
    DennyB1964 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great for heartburn (which is counterintuitive, but it's usually the placement of the acid, not the quantity that causes pain), I could see it helping with digestion, and it's really good over a salad, but I don't think it's a miracle cure either.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    ...and Mysterymeat is gone, only to return as another troll in the near future.

I'll echo the others as far as Apple Cider Vinegar being a useful flavor enhancer if you like the taste but it isn't some miralce diet aid.

It is however, a miracle wart remover. I had two warts on my middle finger for decades. I had a Doctor freeze them, I picked and cut at them but they always returned as soon as the damage healed. OTC treatments did nothing. I read an article about ACV and warts and figured why not try it. That was over three years ago and the warts are still gone. I've used it on moles and skin tags since then as well. apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/removal-of-warts-using-apple-cider-vinegar.html

No before shot but they were next to each other. This is when treatment first started.
    3ywv6hfnt0l6.jpg

After they came off. I should mention the pain was excrutiating due to how sensitive the cuticle region is but it was worth it for the final result.

cbtgfmt0dblp.jpg

Gone!

uer8xzof4kgh.jpg

Ooh, that's great to know.

I love using apple cider vinegar in my hot and sour soup.

Also, apple cider vinegar with a drop of soap in it is great for catching fruit flies (they think the vinegar is food due to the smell, and the soap reduces the surface tension, so they fall in when they land and drown).
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    there are some nutritional benefits of cider vinegar...but some of these will be derived from using unpasteurized and unfiltered vinegar (which most people miss the boat on)

- probiotics
    - helps alleviate cramping (this is the only time I will take a shot cut with water...it does help with a bad charlie horse)
    - helps lower blood sugar (I'd rather have a glass of wine)
    - helps with heartburn and indigestion (I'll take a Tums)

most of the woo coming out of various fitness and health magazines is just that...there are some nutritional benefits with cider vinegar and I use it regularly in cooking and in dressings, etc...but it isn't magical by any means...it doesn't speed up your metabolism or aid in fat loss, etc. and frankly, most of the health benefits can derived from other things that are far more pleasurable to consume.