New to MyFitnessPal

Options
Hi, my name is Jen,

I've used websites before, Sparkpeople.com and Weight Watchers but Sparkpeople wouldn't let me join while I was PG or BF and Weight Watchers didn't "work for me" so I tried this. I love the mobile apps and so far, the sense of community.

I'm starting out at 186 lbs but want to get to 150 by Christmas. To do this, I am limiting my calories to 1200 a day (I'm trying anyway!) and this month, I starting Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred plus I have a Bowflex Treadclimber that I use almost daily.

Come on and join me on my journey!

Replies

• beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen, welcome to MFP!
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Its good that ur wanting to get healthy. The only thing about cutting ur calories so low so soon is that u might plateau. I have been doing th calories that this site is telling me and I have lost about 2 lbs a week since. So as I lose weight my calorie intake will change also. Anyways good luck and keep us updated with ur progress!
  • jennkenn10
    Options
    Yeah, I already plateaud before joining MFP so that's why I'm trying a drastic cut. I had gone about 3 months w/o losing anything, so now I am trying a more drastic approach.

Thanks for the support! So far, I've lost 2 lbs and when I "finish tracking for the day" it says I'll weigh 172 lbs!
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This is a great site!!

Chelle
  • McGin87
    McGin87 Posts: 3
    Options
    Welcome!! So jealous you have a treadclimer! I used one in college and it was the best cardio machine...only wish my gym had one....

Good luck to you!
  • camckinney
    camckinney Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    So, I'm new to the site and started changing what I eat just 3 days ago. When I setup my profile I noted I wanted to lose 2lbs per week. It set my calorie intake to 1200, are you saying that I shouldn't start so low? I'm confused, i don't want to plateau and have to cut more, ugh. Aren't there other ways to modify or snap your metabolism by removing or lowering your carbs without having to lower my calories?
  • 24Years
    24Years Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
  • tryinhard2lose
    tryinhard2lose Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm pretty new to this site as well,and I love it.....I haven't weighed in yet,but the people here are amazing....Best wishes on your journey....
  • Devol
    Devol Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen

welcome

be careful with 1200 calories thats the recommended safe minimum. has MFP calculated this for you ?

slow and steady weight loss is best

best of luck

add me if you like

D :happy:
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen
    Welcome to MFP!
    Be careful with the 1200 cals - that's low and possibly unrealistic to maintain long term?
    Start slow, up your exercise & water intake and adjust in time.
    Good luck - have sent req.
    Jules x