major NSV - performing in public (pics included)

Options
nolachick
nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
Well this was supposed to be a blog so sorry it's so long but I wanted to post pictures so here goes....

After gaining way more than the usual freshman 15, I found myself at around 190-194lbs on the day of my college graduation. I was very proud of what I had accomplished academically but very disappointed in how much I had failed to take care of myself physically. I was mortified after seeing my graduation pictures and didn't even like taking pictures after that. I decided to make a change. I started working out jumping around from one thing to the next like bootcamp, workout dvd's, gym memberships, yoga, pilates, you name it. I get bored very easily and have to change it up often so I can stick to working out atleast 3 - 5x a week. I am not disciplined enough to do an intense workout for a prolonged period of time like p90x, chalene extreme etc, and I need variety everyday to keep myself going. I love food and its hard for me to go on strict diets without me feeling deprived and finally giving into binging on all the bad stuff.

Anyhooo almost 2 summers later, I find myself feeling very happy with how far I've come. I used to be very self conscious about every little thing and I hated summers when everyone could wear shorts, bathing suits and tank tops and I wouldn't dare leave the house in anything of that sort. Well I think last night was the night I realized how much confidence I have gained after sticking to MFP this long and having the support of all my wonderful MFP friends who never gave up on me no matter how much times I slipped up. I am a happier,healthier me who has regained the confidence I once lost. I absolutely love this feeling and no scale can measure this and no money can buy this awesome feeling.

Last night I performed a zumba routine at the half time show (alone with about 100 other people) for the New Orleans Voodoo game, I found myself very nervous but the reasons were completely different. I was not worried about how I looked, how big my arms/tummy/legs, etc looked or how much they would jiggle when I danced. I was worried about not messing up the steps, not losing my friends in the crowd, and most importantly not having fun. After hiding from the cameras for years, I was jumping in everyone's pictures so I could have a record of one of the most amazing nights I've ever had doing something completely new and exciting!

Thanks so much to everyone who has helped me along the way. :flowerforyou: I haven't met my goal weight yet and it has been a slow process but I've fully enjoyed meeting some amazing people on here who keep me motivated.

Ok enough talk, here are the pictures...

248754_657986557958_45707511_34215828_946337_n.jpg
practicing before the game
255719_658175179958_45707511_34218962_7289591_n.jpg
waiting for the game to start
250309_658175349618_45707511_34218967_6941821_n.jpg
waiting backstage for the half time show
254459_658175020278_45707511_34218958_6433709_n.jpg
running off the field (i'm at the far right)

Replies

• Marisela233
    Marisela233 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
  • Hotbysummer
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! We have a lot in common, and like you....I couldn't imagine how hard this journey would be without MFP!!!!!!
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you Nola! Your hard work and dedication is paying off! Keep up the hard work, you look FABULOUS!!!! :heart:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    thanks girls! it was an amazing experience - something I NEVER thought I would have the courage or confidence to do. :blushing:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!