vitamins

Options
wiffe
wiffe Posts: 224 Member
What vitamins do you take and why?

I know I need something but sure which or how much.

I would love to get my nails to grow.

Replies

• Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I have been taking one a day energy formula. I can't tell you it's helped my nails though. I have never had any issues with them growing just breaking!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I just take a one-a-day multivitamin.
  • hstallings13
    hstallings13 Posts: 306
    Options
    I take Andrew Lessman stuff, b12, omega 3, he has a healty hair skin and nails formula that really works for me. He has a website though I can't remember it off the top of my head, but he is sold on HSN.com and though he is a little pricey, they are the best supplements I have ever taken, he really believes in what he makes.
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    I take the ViSalus Vi Pak which includes high quality fish oils and multivitamins with patented anti aging!!!!!!!!!!! Friend me for more info.
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    eating jello often will make your nails strong, but not sure about long!
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I take One A Day women's multi as "insurance" to make sure that I am getting all the essential nutrients that I need. I also take New Chapter's Wholemega for the fish oil and I chose that brand because it's 100% pure wild alaskan salmon oil (not all omega/fish oil supplements are! so check the labels before buying).
  • DustinReiner
    DustinReiner Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    A good NAME brand multi-vitamin(Centrum, One-a-day). Not a mom and pop, the name brands will be cleaner.

Remember take the recomended amount. To much you will just urinate it out, or it will get stored in fat and be un-useable. (And if it it's stored i fat, it will be un-usuable.) Vitamins, are stord and used later like nuts to a squirrel.

Protein, plenty of protein. That's what nails are made of.
  • DrHDLM
    DrHDLM Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Take a multivitamin, use the correct amount don't exceed, you don't want to get a Fat soluble vitamin toxicity.
  • candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I take an iron supplement ever since the give blood people told me for the second time that I was a bit anemic and not able to give blood.

I also take a calcium supplement because I am paranoid about getting bone problems when I am older.

Its important for anyone supplementing both iron and calcium to do so at different times of day since calcium inhibits the absorbtion of iron (also if you have a meal rich in iron and want to absorb it, avoid taking calcium or even calcium rich foods at the same time).
  • DrHDLM
    DrHDLM Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    check why you are anemic, there's a lot of reasons and having a iron intake doesn't means that you're going to overcome this problems. it is right that you shouldn't take calcium and iron at the same time because they compete for absorption, but it's not good to over do the calcium because it can cause you kidney stones.

Problems in the bones when you're older will come if you're a female and once you get into menopause, it has nothing to do with the amount of calcium you intake, it has more to do with the exercise and your estrogen levels.

Don't over do calcium, you wont absorb it and it can get you to have kidney stones.