7 weeks and first NSV!

Options
So I have been here for 7 weeks and have dropped 17 pounds already. I am five days away from completing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and I LOVE her for giving me my very first NSV!

On the way to the beach this morning, while I was driving with my husband in the passenger seat, he said to me while pointing to my arm, "What's this right here?" and then he poked it! Then he screamed, "Holy crap babe! That's your tricep muscle!" Freaking out with excitement, I pulled over the car to check it out and sure enough it was sticking out!

I HAVE MUSCLES IN MY ARM!!!!

My husband and I pick on each other a lot (A LOT!) and all day my new muscle has been the center of all the comment, "Better hush or I'll punch you in your tricep muscle!" LOL I'm in love with this muscle! It's my new favorite! (Sorry Quads!)

Replies

• oneonezerozerozero
    oneonezerozerozero Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Haha, or I'll punch you in the tricep indeed! Sounds like a most excellent NSV, congratulations ^_^
  • LoriIAM
    LoriIAM Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I do construction work, when I'm not teaching, so I've developed some muscles myself. I noticed two of my 20 year old female students comparing biceps. They were shocked when I showed them mine. I'm nearly 60!

Muscles are fun! Most boys take them for granted. Girls seem to have to earn them. Thanks for sharing.

BTW What's NSV?
  • FruitLoop05317
    Options
    congrats!!!! thats great!!!
  • KayJayKing
    KayJayKing Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    NSV - Non-Scale Victory.
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    BTW What's NSV?

Non-Scale Victory
  • LoriIAM
    LoriIAM Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    haha that's awesome! congratulations!
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! I can't even do one day or one whole video of 30DS! Keep up the good work, and congrats on your newly discovered muscle!! :)
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Ha - that's awesome! Congrats you and your news muscles! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!