Breakfast...

Options
2»

Replies

• dazlindiva630347
    dazlindiva630347 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I find when I eat breakfast I end up starving by 9:30 ( today for sure) but for some reason although I never ate breakfast before I feel obligated to eat it now that I log. I guess I believed those that said I must. Think I may go back to the old way see what happens at this point I could not feel hungrier.

Im the same... I get hungrier id I eat breakfast, so I prefer not too! Makes sense ..
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    When it comes down to an extra 15 minutes in bed vs. Breakfast, sleep wins everytime
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    The problem for me with breakfast is that I'm not hungry right away in the morning. I do drink my coffee with sweet creamer so I think the sugar in that cuts my appetite a bit. Also, I just don't like food in the morning. So, if I'm not working (I have varying work hours) then it's not a problem because when I'm hungry at about 10:00 I can just eat. But if I'm working (I do substitute teaching, and am on-call at a local hospital) I make myself eat some protein before I leave for work because eating at 10:00 just isn't possible for either job (well it might be sometimes but I can't count on it).

So for those days I might eat some chicken, or a Babybel cheese, or an muffin-tin egg casserole thing if I have any in the freezer...something with good protein, and some fat.

But as others have said, you don't absolutely *need* to eat breakfast. It's all individual on how you feel. Some days when I'm home I might not even eat till lunch time. And I definitely get in all my calories in the day, I'm just eating them later.

My very favorite breakfast is to go out for brunch. lol. Can't do that every day though, too bad. :)
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm a brunch time eater. I don't like eating in the early morning. I still call it breakfast though...after all I am breaking my fast, whatever the time I eat my first meal of the day.
  • dazlindiva630347
    Options
    amyr271 wrote: »
    When it comes down to an extra 15 minutes in bed vs. Breakfast, sleep wins everytime

I am def on your side with that! Haha
  • dazlindiva630347
    Options
    suziecue20 wrote: »
    I'm a brunch time eater. I don't like eating in the early morning. I still call it breakfast though...after all I am breaking my fast, whatever the time I eat my first meal of the day.

Thats a good point!! Thanks
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    A reminder that diabetics should not skip breakfast for sure. To control blood sugars, routine is king.

But @dazlindiva630347 , if breakfast is not your thing, plan some dazzling meals later in the day that will fill you up and help you hit your target.