APPLE CIDER VINEGAR?

Options
2»

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I used my apple cider, along with some white wine vinegar, to pickle my onions this week. I plan on letting it ripen for a few months so it will be a while before I can report on the results. I'm not sure how I could set it up as a double-blind study to confirm if the apple cider is making any sort of difference.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I use ACV in cooking and for skin barnacles/seborrheic keratosis. My mom was complaining about hers and I noticed I had one. It came off in less than a week after putting a little ACV on a piece of a cotton ball and band-aiding it to my skin overnight. People wanting to try this should check with a dermatologist to make sure it is SK and not something more serious.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I have a rib glaze that uses ACV. Tastes so good no one uses sauce on my ribs.
  • minnie75kids
    minnie75kids Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I take it daily for UTI issues and it is great. I don't think it does much in the way of weight loss however. I choose the pill form (get a good brand, some have very low percentage of actual ACV).
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that swears that if she is getting sick drinking it diluted with water prevents her from getting really sick.... I was and am skeptical, but the last time I was getting sick I did it and I didn't really get hit fully.....Pretty sure it's a coincidence.

It does sort of help with appetite control though, but if you're drinking it straight up it could really damage your esophagus and probably your stomach lining and teeth.

It has good flavor though!
  • tiny_clanger
    tiny_clanger Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I used to have it in water every day, but it burned my throat and I lost my voice for several weeks until I figured out what the problem was.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I use it as a face toner. It works better than any other toner I've ever used and it's a fraction of the price.
  • ellarishee
    ellarishee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just this morning I made an oatmeal and apple cider vinegar face mask. It works wonders, and helps soothe my super sensitive skin. But as a weight loss aid? If you drank over your maintenance calories in cider vinegar (and you would have to drink a LOT), you'd gain weight, the same as anything else. If you think about it, just like the rubbish about coconut oil 'speeding up your metabolism', if it really worked, everyone would be skinny.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I love using apple cider vinegar for my pickled cabbage I use for my pupusas I make. Mmmm mmm mmm!! Maybe I'll make some for the weekend. :yum: