Headphones or earbuds?

Options
Which do you prefer and which brand is worth it. I am not looking to spend anything significant... Just something to stay put while at the gym. Thanks!!

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I generally earbuds when active, but prefer headphones while sitting. The headphones kind of rock and move when I'm moving.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Love my yurbuds!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I've been using these bluetooth headphones because it can be a real PITA to run with cords. They work very well!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Love my yurbuds!

Same here.
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    I have these:

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX-685-Adidas-Headphones/dp/B0094R4POC

They're expensive, but well, well worth it. They are by far the best earbuds I've ever owned.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    As a music teacher, I'm going to suggest something noise blocking. You don't have to turn them up as loud if you are working out in a noisy gym, so you won't hurt your ears.

If you are running or biking on streets, you probably shouldn't be wearing anything so you can hear traffic, but you do not want too loud or noise blocking there.
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    For the gym or running, normal earbuds fall out so I have some that hook over the ear. They're ok sound quality, on a par with the free ones that Apple supply. I didn't see the point paying out too much as I only use them for cardio and they just get sweaty!
  • LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have some sports ear buds, that clamp onto the ear to keep from falling out too easily. I paid about 15 for them on Amazon - decent quality, and I've not had any issues or complaints about them
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I like Sennheiser sports headphones -- only thing that stay in my ears while running/bootcamp, etc. I'm addicted to music while working out because I can't stand to hear my self breathing heavily. Just read that some of the top tennis starts listen to music while working out, etc.

I'm on my third pair on Sennheisers -- after about 18 months, the wire breaks through where joined to ear part, but still worth it to me for sound quality and staying in my ears. You can read reviews on Amazon. Anyone else wear their iphone in their bra while exercising? I know it looks funny, but it works.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I use these bluetooth earbuds: amazon.com/JayBird-BlueBuds-Sport-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B00AIRUOI8

I bought mine for cheap (i.e. returned open box) and they've lasted almost 2 years already. Biggest problem I have is the silicon ear wings have stretched and want to fall off if I'm not using them. No big deal, I just keep them in a case and check every time I get them out or put them back in to make sure I haven't dropped one.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Earbuds. I use the pair that came with my iphone. They work well for me.
    Tried headphones............too hot for me.
    Merrysix wrote: »
    Anyone else wear their iphone in their bra while exercising? I know it looks funny, but it works.

^Hmmm, any issues with your iphone getting sweaty? I usually keep mine in the pocket of my work out pants.

• louise5779
    louise5779 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Earbuds for everything. I like the marshmallow ones that are like sleeping ear plugs. They don't vibrate in your ear when your out running. The gummy earbuds vibrate and fallout. JVC marshmallows.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy the earbuds that came with my iPhone.

Couldn't do headphones, they would get crazy sweaty... I sweat a lot.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I would like to get some earbuds but I have infeasibly small ears and am wary of wasting more money! Apple ones don't even stay in when sitting still most of the time and over-ear ones I got were too big and fell off too!

So I mostly run (I run outside) without anything presently. Now and again I'll wear my pretty Skullcandy headphones but my ears get a bit sweaty so don't really love wearing those.

Anyone else with tiny ears can make a recommendation?
  • Merrysix
    Options
    About my Iphone getting sweaty (I keep it in my bra while exercising) -- I have a great waterproof case, very tight to the phone and light called LIFEPROOF which I like. You do need a little connector to plug in your earphones. I like to row rowing shells and I take my phone out on the river with me for emergencies and I also listen to music on my phone when I am running outdoors in the rain, and this cover keeps my phone from getting wet at all. You have to test its waterproofness when you put it on the phone. Lately I sometimes wear one headphone ear while biking on a path so I can still hear quiet a bit of the ambient noise -- but I would never do this on a road as I feel it is too dangerous. Probably to dangerous rowing too to listen to music because when you row you go backwards, and you have to turn your head to the side to see behind you. Sometimes it helps if you hear a jetskier or motorboat before you turn your head around. It is tempting thought to listen to music while rowing -- I did see someone do it on a more secluded lake type environment.
  • Merrysix
    Options
    Forgot to say my ears are really small too and like the Sennheiser for this reason. All earbuds fall out of my ears!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Bluetooth so I have no cord to catch on anything
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I love my Motorola S11-FLEX HD Bluetooth headphones. Five hour play time, I can use them for phone calls (the mic is in your ear) and I still can hear traffic if the music is low. I run with these every day.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i love love LOVE my sennheiser earbuds

and they have great sound and a pretty reasonable price (I was a music theory major so thats a big deal to me) there are better, but for the price you cant beat it!