Soon to be first time mom.

Options
Hey my name is Beth. I am 9 weeks pregnant this week. I created an account because I am used to always dieting and now I gotta try and be fit in a different way for the next 9 months but not over-indulgent. Anyways. I need friends :). Especially if you have children - give me any and all advice haha. Feel free to just send me a request.

Replies

• wilcwil
    wilcwil Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes... Definitely watch your macros as much as your calorie intake... MFP is great! Have fun! Children are a beautiful thing!! Unconditional love!!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I've yet to find anything more enjoyable than being a parent. Yes, including that. Good luck with your pregnancy. Did your doctor(s) give you any kind of nutritional goals?
  • bethmonsterrrr
    bethmonsterrrr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @tincanonastring. They told me what foods to not eat but as far as goals.... None.
  • wilcwil
    edited September 2015
    Options
    watch fish that has a lot of mercury which is ocean fish..... Also salty food intake can spike your blood pressure pretty fast...also cats have some type of thing that can hurt the baby so stay away from cats.....my wife and I have 6 children.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    That's probably the normal advice they give. You might want to check with them about calorie goals on your next visit, but if you're taking prenatals, you're probably okay with your nutrients as long as you eat enough food. I think it's just important that you not be too restrictive with your calories as you go.

• bethmonsterrrr
    Options
    Then you are the person to talk to!! How much weight did she typically gain with each pregnancy?
  • wilcwil
    Options
    Agree!! It's better to have something then not to have anything!! Your eating for two now!
  • bethmonsterrrr
    Options
    That's why I made this. I have the "food guilt" mind set burned into my outlook. This way I can log and make sure that I am eating enough And not going too crazy with exercise.