AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Nice Corsair keyboard you got there ;)
    WASD gets a LOT of use :]
  • AspenDan
    Options
    That looks yummy!!

oh my gosh it was so dang good...still working on aquiring the taste for coffee black, but, its getting better :P
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I love black coffee now. In fact, two years ago when I began this journey that was the very first thing I changed. I used to do iced coffee, cream only. That very first morning I got a black iced coffee and I never looked back :smile: Your breakfast looks great! Every morning I eat egg whites mixed up with some kind of meat and every veggie known to man LOL! People call it either my breakfast salad or my garbage omelette.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Looks great.
  • Steve_ApexNC
    Steve_ApexNC Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    276g Egg Whites
    2oz spicy ground sausage
    14g shredded mozzarella cheese
    Black Coffee
    Hot Sauce optional :]

I do something similar...I use egg substitute and Morningstar spicy sausage. I don't use cheese, but certainly a dose of your favorite cheese would be a flavor boost (my preference is a nice aged cheddar). That is the base, and then I will toss in whatever my mood or leftover veggies allow. For example, I almost always have tomato, onion, and spinach around so they often get tossed in the mix. I have used spicy hoggie spread (pepper spread) or jalapeno's for a kick. Any bit of bell pepper would go well in the mix but roasted red peppers bits might be divine. Could substitute sausage with Canadian bacon for a change up as well. Pretty much any tasty bits I can find, I will toss in making the variety endless. The fun part is, it is faster than the average drive thru. Eggs nuked in 45ish seconds, protein nuked in a minute and then toss in the rest.

In all cases, Hot Sauce is a staple, not optional. :smiley:
  • Benphi91
    Benphi91 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Why don't you eat the yolk?
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Props on the Cholula. I mean, I have a number of hot sauces in my fridge, but Cholula is definitely the best.
  • AspenDan
    Options
    Props on the Cholula. I mean, I have a number of hot sauces in my fridge, but Cholula is definitely the best.
    Right?!
    Benp182 wrote: »
    Why don't you eat the yolk?
    volume and protein/calories ratio...If I eat whites instead of whole eggs, I get a lot more protein and a bigger plate for the same 150 calories...6 servings of egg whites vs 2 eggs basically
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I hope those yolks are going to good use elsewhere.
  • kirstym1108
    kirstym1108 Posts: 46 Member
    Options

You can buy egg whites in cartons on their own.

• nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options

French Vanilla Ice Cream.... I so need to make some. Whenever I make it we have eggs for breakfast the next morning. I throw one whole egg in there to give them the normal yellow color so the kids don't freak out.
  • AspenDan
    Options
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I buy egg whites in the carton too. Jury's out that it's even cheaper, but I'd hate to waste the yolk, so I buy that...

I'd probably still use a whole egg or two though.
  • sdewey9
    sdewey9 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That looks good!!!
    I just recently started eating only egg whites. Made an omelette the other day with green peppers, spinach, cheddar, ham and sour cream. It was morning love!!!
  • sdewey9
    sdewey9 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I buy egg whites in the carton too. Jury's out that it's even cheaper, but I'd hate to waste the yolk, so I buy that...

I'd probably still use a whole egg or two though.

I am lucky enough to have a mini me who loves eggs as much as I do. The yolk never goes to waste over here!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Love the paper plate.

My son has no plates. He can afford them, but prefers to just throw plates away rather than rinse them, stick them in the dishwasher and put them away. Didn't even buy himself plates.

You paper plate people crack me up. :)
  • AspenDan
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Love the paper plate.

My son has no plates. He can afford them, but prefers to just throw plates away rather than rinse them, stick them in the dishwasher and put them away. Didn't even buy himself plates.

You paper plate people crack me up. :)
    Yeah I prefer not to dirty dishes when I can avoid it.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you love it-I'm in love with yolks!!!