What do your husbands/wifes say?

Options

Replies

• AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky that I married my husband weighing over 300 so I know he loves me no matter the weight! I'm also lucky we are doing this together. He has lost 50+ lbs and I have 30+lbs. We are both encouraging each other and noticing each others changes. I was absolutely fascinated yesterday with his much small neck. :love:
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    My husband likes to grab my waist...the other day he grabbed it and said WOW! You're gettin' skinny.

I wish I saw what he saw LOL

He also tells me how much more flexible I am. :laugh: Yea.
  • noltes2
    noltes2 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    It's been so gradual he really hardly notices I've lost 40 pounds in 9 months. There's never been a "WOAH"moment for him... I hoped there would be, but it's a good thing I guess! He says he didn't notice I was really that much bigger. He's used MFP with me and has gone from 250 to 200 in 3-4 months. So when I go to put my arms around him it still shocks me that I can actually do it! I'm still trying to get used to the idea that I can easily put my arms around him, but I'm really starting to like it! With me, his attraction/compliments/observations have been nonexistent though...
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Let's see I have lost a total of 32 lbs over time. My husband says he really does not notice a difference because he see's me everyday. He did mention that my upper back looked smaller once when I was working out. I was thinking okkkkkkkkkkk:laugh: When our mutual friends mentioned to him that I looked great and how much I had lost then he spoke of me in a proud tone-telling how hard I workout everyday and the good healthy meals I have been making and how proud he is of me and my hard work. Made me smile that he was payin attention:wink: I know he likes the changing me because the butt grabing has gotten a little more intense around here lol. I will take the new flirty physical reaction he has shown me as a wonderful compliment. Feels like we are young newlyweds again:bigsmile:
  • glendeb
    glendeb Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My husband is fantastic! I've made no secret of wanting to do this and he has supported me in every way - his only concern is that I will get too skinny, as he doesn't like super skinny body shapes.

He keeps complimenting me, and says that he needs my motivation (he talks about the exercise he is going to do, but will only do it once or twice). He is not overweight however.

I actually find the compliments from others are more satisfying - more because they don't see my in the nude, or everyday either.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Mine sent me a naughty text the other day telling me just how much he loves my body and how he wouldn't change one single thing about it... :blushing:
  • happybunnysbabe57
    happybunnysbabe57 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend said things like i am doing good and he is trying to help. he bought me a exercise bike and wii zumba. the best complament he gave me wasnt even to me. his friend and his friends wife own a car repair shop and he was hanging out with him a bunch of guys. she told me one day that he braggs to all the guys at the repair shop, that i am losing all kinds of weight and i am working hard. it was how cute how he was flaunting me progress to the guys. makes me feel good.
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Sissy4EverX3 Posts: 247
    Options
    My husband is my #1 fan. He's gone all out to help me in any way he can, even if I sometimes snap at him for being too pushy. (He's always been 200-210 for his 6'2" frame, where as I've been fat my entire life!) The other day, I caught him looking at me and said, "Honey, you're staring. WHAT are you staring at?" His response was, "You. You've done so well and I'm so proud of you. I was just imagining what you'd look like with another 30lb loss. You WILL succeed in your goal to weigh less than the day we got married. I am PROUD to be your husband!!!" Awwwwwwwww......
  • awynnjohnson
    Options
    I don't really care what he thinks, He vowed to love me for better or worst same as I did him (fat or thin). This is all about me and I feel better and I am more comfortable thin. And when I feel good about myself , he gets a better wife. So it works out for him also.
    But this has to be about me for me to be sucessful.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I think he's more pleased with my happiness and confidence than anything. And that I'm more comfortable wearing less fabric... shorter shirts, skimpier bikinis, etc. :wink:

Also impressed, inspired and a little jealous of my newfound athleticism. He wants to do C25K now, too, but with a physically demanding job with long hours that beats the hell out of him, and asthma, it's slow going.

But he's not always thrilled with some of the meals I make. I've gotten much better at balancing great taste with healthier and lower sodium, but some of my early attempts were real stinkers. Like breaded chicken coated with crushed Fiber One cereal. Blandsville! But a mixture of crushed Fiber One with Panko crumbs, cornflake crumbs, or crushed low sodium pretzels.... YUM!
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    My partner has always said that he loves the way I look at any weight but the other day I was changing and he just came over, kissed me, and said "have I told you how beautiful you are naked?". I'm sure some of it's just the confidence I have now but it was such a nice thing to hear.

Now that is a compliment! - Great work!
  • Earthhorse
    Earthhorse Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 30 pounds and my husband has been very supportive. He tells me I am doing well and how good I look. Today he hugged me and said that I felt so small in his arms. It feels great, and yes there have been improvements. I ger depressed and lazy when I gain weight and much happier when I lose it.
  • ItsMeMaryW
    ItsMeMaryW Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I don't really care what he thinks, He vowed to love me for better or worst same as I did him (fat or thin). This is all about me and I feel better and I am more comfortable thin. And when I feel good about myself , he gets a better wife. So it works out for him also.
    But this has to be about me for me to be sucessful.

I love this because it's so true. It HAS to be about me, for me to do this...period!!! My 7 year relationship ended because he said I don't need him anymore. Funny thing is I never needed him..I wanted him in my life and to share this. So now I will someday meet someone who wants me in their life.
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    They dig it!
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I just had a baby 8 weeks ago, I've lost 25 pounds since I got home from the hospital, but I still have about 85 more to go, it'll be a while before my husband notices the loss, but he's supportive of helping me lose the weight :)

Katie
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    All of you who have supportive spouses are very lucky. My husband goes back and forth between support and sabotage - support because he likes the way my body looks, but sabotage because he's terrified that I'm going to suggest that he change the way he eats and get some exercise. *Sigh* I didn't expect the sabotage, and it's been disappointing. When I'm hungry and we're discussing dinner options, fast food supreme pizza should not be the choice he pushes.
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My husband is all of over me!! It's like fighting off an octopus! He has supported me the entire process...from the crying fits of frustration to the cheering, high five moments of scale weigh-ins. He never once said anything to me during my ups and downs of weight gains and losses over the years. I couldn't ask for more support. When I have days of feeling that I'm not doing well he tells me that he wishes I could see through his eyes and see just how beautiful I am. I can do so much more now so we are out riding our bikes, hiking and recently I started a running clinic and he comes out with me as much as he can for support.
    I feel less moody and tired and I was so angry with myself before as I allowed my body to go this way. Now I feel like the old me is coming back and it has made a difference for the whole family. I want all of us to be healthy and active. It's fun to challenge each other and see what we are all capable of!
  • Shrek55
    Shrek55 Posts: 14
    Options
    My wife says i am geting too skinny. She has a rockin body at 33 and after 3 kids. I dont care because i am doing it for my health and the job.

When you are in emergency services any weight you lose, is less you have to carry around including your tools, and seconds can mean saving lives.

So i'll keep trucking on because the other ladies are always watching! LOL!
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    He was sort of iffy on the support until I came home from college for the summer and he saw the new and improved body. :laugh:

The next day we found an affordable gym and he joined up with me. :smile: I've never had a workout buddy before and he's been the best. He comes with me as much as he can; usually 5 days a week compared to my 6, but not complaining there. He even started Couch to 5K.

And he certainly doesn't complain about my newfound incredible flexibility. :blushing:
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    He really never said anything, he now laughs at my before pics and says its nasty but he never said anything bad when i was like that! The blinded by love affect im assuming ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!