Aerialist/Circus friends?

Options
Hello everybody! :)

I've got about 50-60 lbs to lose, and I've been taking aerial arts classes every week (sometimes twice a week...and now that I have my own rig, nearly every day!) since June. I joined MFP again because I really need to start tracking my calories. So far, although my clothes are fitting better, the scale has only gone up. I figure I'm gaining muscle, but it's been far too long for it to just be muscle. I think my diet is sabotaging my exercising.

Long story short...I'm hoping to meet some fellow aerialists/circus people to add as friends! :) I definitely could use the motivation and support to keep logging my meals, and I'll definitely return the favour!

Thanks! :)

Replies

• becknomad
    becknomad Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I would love to take an aerial arts class. We have some on our area but I am way too intimidated to start at my weight. I am hoping to lose 65 lbs. there is no way I could lift up my body yet. I figure I will look into it when I lose 30 or so lbs. looks like so much fun!
  • AspiringAerialist
    Options
    I thought that I would have to lose some weight before I started as well, but then I decided to just go for it! There were women there who were bigger than me and they were lifting themselves up better than I could! You should definitely give it a try...you'll surprise yourself! :smile:
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Not an aerialist but I never thought I'd see a thread where posting this actually fits. Food & aerialists (and Paul Stanley!)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMa1yH5QCxk
  • AspiringAerialist
    Options
    Bump...no fellow aerialists out there? :(