Dieting Again

hi! I am 172 pounds for the 3rd time in my life. And I know what to eat and what not to but I have the terrible habit of not being able to tolerate hunger. Add to that not being satisfied until I am stuffed --- and eating dinner w my husband when I am not hungry. My husband is very ill and I have put his needs before mine. This needs to change so I can.

Replies

• GettingFit5551
    GettingFit5551 Posts: 110 Member
    It's easy to forget to take care of yourself too. I know about this myself with my own family. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • UpcyclerGirl
    UpcyclerGirl Posts: 45 Member
    This dieting thing is not easy, and sometimes, we crash and burn. But every day is a new day to try again. That is how I am choosing to look at it. My story....

Two years ago, I weighed 60 lbs. less than I do now, thanks to this website. But when I hit a plateau that lasted 6 months with no change, no matter what I tried. So, I gave up - and in one year, I had gained back everything I lost. I admit, it was fun to eat again, but I am paying a terrible price. Two years ago, I could wear clothes off-the-rack. Now, I have to special order or shop at the fat girl stores. Two years ago, I kicked blood pressure meds. Now I am on twice as much medication that I was on before. Two years ago, muscles were toned and my stamina was incredible. Today, I can barely walk a block without wheezing, and my hips and knees burn. My shape has so radically changed, I can't even wear the same fat clothes I wore before I started my amazing journey here two years ago. I'm not looking for pity - in fact, I hope my story will encourage those of you working hard at this to STAY WITH IT! Going back to Fatland is no picnic. At my age (55), it's also bloody dangerous, too.

I am now committed to getting "back in the saddle again", and hope you will befriend me. We're in this thing together. :)
  • kim60654
    kim60654 Posts: 8 Member
    Me too! And it hurts so much. I lost 40 lbs and gained all back. Starting back again bc I think if I don't I will continue to gain and gain and gain. Oh did I mention that I have a sweet tooth now?
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Sweet tooth and dealing with hunger is hard! I know I ate so much more than I should because I get so wrapped up in something and then just overdo it when I do get to eat because I don't realize I am hungry.