What do you do on a daily basis to keep yourself focused and motivated?

Options
2»

Replies

• sharonrtrantham
    Options
    vada44 wrote: »
    that has been my biggest problem. I lose interest in things very quickly and weight loss has definitely been one of them. I looked at myself in the mirror while at the mall over the weekend and was disgusted. That will be my motivation. I have several pics of myself at this weight and they keep me from eating that extra plate of food. I started rewarding myself with stickers when I do well and when I collect 30 stickers then I buy myself something new. Needless to say I have not gotten to 30 stickers. this is probably may gazillionth time starting. lol

My sister and I were homeschooled, and we sort of did this with schoolwork. When we'd get all our lessons done for the day we'd get a sticker, and when we got so many stickers we got a treat/prize. I totally forgot about it, but it sounds like it would work for weight loss too! I never even though. Good luck on your 30 stickers. :) What sort of things do you reward for: exercise, eating, etc.?
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Over time, a fit and healthy lifestyle becomes a daily habit.
    That being said, you learn how and when to adjust your nourishment based on daily/weekly/seasonal events automatically.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I log onto MFP. Every. Single. Day.
  • turkishmelly
    turkishmelly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Honestly if I wasn't doing this bikini competion I would just give up now with this but I try to keep myself motivated for my haters...
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I start my day every day doing the following....
    1. I put on my workout clothes and lace my shoes as soon as I wake at 4:30 am
    2. I pour a cup of coffee and put on the song by Kelly Clarkson What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger
    3. I read motivational quotes that I have pinned on Pinterest
    4. 5 am Out the door with my iPod do 6 to 6.5 miles and witness the dawn of a new day.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I start my day every day doing the following....
    1. I put on my workout clothes and lace my shoes as soon as I wake at 4:30 am
    2. I pour a cup of coffee and put on the song by Kelly Clarkson What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger
    3. I read motivational quotes that I have pinned on Pinterest
    4. 5 am Out the door with my iPod do 6 to 6.5 miles and witness the dawn of a new day.
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    My big one that I have hanging next to my bed is Progress Not Perfection!
    and i've started a smash book, look on pinterest for that, I print mantras and pictures

Go Confidently in the direction of your dreams and LIVE the life you imagined-thoreau

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow.

I also put wallpaper on my phone with things like YOU ARE GETTING THERE!
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I log onto MFP. Every. Single. Day.
    ^^^^This