Hi guys I am new in MFP; dont really know how to start prope

Options
Hey everyone; do you know if there are some set menus in order to give me an idea of what I should eat and what I shouldnt ?

Replies

• TamiLinc
    TamiLinc Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    it helps looking at other peoples diaries. my first few days i was over on everything but as long as you start tracking and try to keep close to your calories you will eventually get the hang of what not to eat. I try to eat a lean cuisine for lunch or dinner and then fruits or veggies and a yogurt. You'll catch on :) and WELCOME!!!! You will find out that everyone is so nice and helpful! :)
  • aaronjames11
    Options
    Well you have made a start already ! By finding MFP you have joined a great place to help you on your trip ! :) Good luck !
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    This all depends on many things.

First of all,what is your calorie goal? How much do you need to lose?

Secondly, it depends on what you like eating. No need to deprive yourself of anything, it's all about making healthier choices. It's a lifestyle change,not just a quick fix and then get back to what you were doing before.
  • izide822
    izide822 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey :) Welcome to MFP :)

It is pretty confusing at the first days in here, but if you will keep using you will be fine :)) add people to build support team :) log every single day and you will see how your eating habits change :)

Best of Luck ;)
  • mamaredhead
    mamaredhead Posts: 112
    Options
    Hi and welcome!

The best start is getting your mind set in the right direction which you have already done! :-)

Along the way you will discover that non-processed foods are the beste way to compensate cravings with a lot less calories than chocolate bars have ... When you log your food you will also see where your "mistakes" are and which foods you might want to avoid. It shows ;-)

If you add friends you will profit a lot from their support and also their food diaries. I myself am looking for good ideas here and there and it works.

Keep on going! Every journey begins with the first step! :-)
  • ronniesgirl1982
    Options
    My advice would be to add friends and open your diary for them to see. The site is really amazing and once you get the hang of it it's so simple to use. You've made a great first step in getting here though. Good luck xx
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    You could just log your 'normal' food intake for the first few days - then when you look over what you eat you can see the higher calorie foods and have a think about what you can substitute or have less of!!

Edited to say - Welcome, and good luck on your journey!! xx
  • katemarjoram
    katemarjoram Posts: 203
    Options
    You might find it helpful to log the night before what you plan to eat the next day - that way you can see where you might be about to go wrong and can avoid doing so by either reducing the portion size and/or substituting. Looking at other people's diaries and reading the food and nutrition message board will also help you build a good knowledge base. Feel free to add me as a friend and to message me questions.
  • katemarjoram
    katemarjoram Posts: 203
    Options
    Friend request sent.