Just finished logging my final entry for 1st week

Options
My final entry was followed up by MFP with a rather negative response. Instead of a positive, encouraging message, I was informed that I didn't meet my minimum caloric intake therefore there wouldn't be a blog message or the 5 week projection of my weight loss. Really? How about a few kind words of encouragement? I went from practically no exercise to walking 4 1/2 miles the last two days! Having type ll diabetes and Hashimotoes Thyroiditis is challenging enough. Embarking on a whole new and improved lifestyle is commendable. Your form of communication took me from feeling proud of my accomplishment to feeling deflated and sad. Jazz2ns

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,128 Member
    Options
    How little were you eating?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    You need to hit the calorie goal everyday. If you don't, you are not eating enough and you will get that message every time.
  • kickstandup
    kickstandup Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Too few calories is unhealthy and dangerous. Any encouragement the site would give for that would not only reinforce a potentially hazardous behavior, but would also put MFP in a situation of liability. While we are here to be supportive, we also need to be real with each other and not say "great job" every time someone posts something on here. True friends speak the truth, even when it may not feel the best to either say it or hear it.