Paleo Modified

Options
2»

Replies

• serouppet
    serouppet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I did a Whole 30 earlier this year (30 days of strict paleo). First piece of advice: try to prepare as much as possible once a week. For me, this meant making baggies of portioned veggies, fruits or almonds and having them ready to go in the fridge. Also, pre-boiling eggs made them a convenient snack. If you have a mandolin, bake your own zucchini, sweet potato, and apple chips!

Pinterest has tons of recipes, I found it a very valuable source.

Breakfast was fun. A scramble of eggs, turkey bacon/sausage, spinach, tomato, and country sweet potatoes. If I was in a hurry then a piece of fruit, hard boiled egg, and glass of coconut milk would do.
    Lunch: Lettuce wrap with turkey/chicken and veggies. Or a huge salad with balsamic vinegar and olive oil or sesame oil. Or leftovers from dinner.
    Dinner: Spaghetti made with spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles lean ground beef plus veggies. "Taco" bowls with lean ground turkey, taco seasoning, onion, avocado, and tomato. Salmon/steak, veggies, and sweet potato. Shrimp and veggie stir fry. Baked almond flour crusted chicken strips, sweet potatoe fries, and a salad. With the addition of beans you could make an awesome chili!
    ***Sliced bananas fried in a bit of coconut oil for desert :)
    Hope this helps!
  • roxannechantelle
    roxannechantelle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You could try courgette "pizza boats" I just cut them up and put toppings in then grill. Good with minced meat abd tomato paste and pretty much anything you fancy! Homemade soups are a godsend as well chicken, peppers, paprika blend it all up and good to go. I'm gluten free so I feel your pain!