went from size 8 to 16 in three months and now emotionally eating at size 21. help.

Options

My biggest issue is exercising. I can discipline myself to eat healthier than exercise. It's like the though of it depresses me, it feels like a discipline vs. Something I have a choice over. Last year at this time I was a size 8 weighing 156# . My current size is 21 and i weigh 258 (the biggest I've ever been in my life, I wasn't this heavy during my pregnancy in 2011.

The weight gain began around October 2014. By Jan. 2015, I was a size 16. Blew my mind. I wasn't eating alot lot, thinking back on it, began eating after work and going straight to sleep for about two hours.
One I began to see the weight gain, its like emotions took over and I started eating emotionally and coming to truths with myself, that's where I'm at today. I am not happy with my current weight at all. Self discipline is hard for me especially when it comes to exercising.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    EATING more than you need is why you gain weight. You don't need to exercise to lose it. So it IS an issue with discipline and eating.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • LilannB
    LilannB Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You have to decide mentally that you want to lose weight and that you are willing to do what is necessary to lose weight. You also don't have to exercise to lose weight. I lost 60 pounds with almost no exercise just counting calories.One of my favorite quotes is from the doctor on My 600 pound life. He said

"Good health is not an occasional choice, it is a way of life"
  • MargaritaT14
    MargaritaT14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you gotten medically checked out? Just to make sure you don't have any hidden condition thyroid issue, diabetes, PCOS, etc. Every person's body is different, I do have to exercise and count calories to lose weight. I understand self discipline is hard but that's the point find your motivation, even if it's just walking.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I think discipline over-all has been tough for you, not just in one area. I think your issues with food need to be addressed first and foremost. Exercise isn't essential and if it feels like an absolute chore to do right now, then ease yourself in to it slowly. If you want to lose the weight, you'll need to eat at a deficit and track everything. Unfortunately, your self discipline has to be on point in order to succeed with weight loss. It is hard work but if you put in the work and stay positive, you will most certainly get there. MFP will definitely help you.

Wishing you the best of luck
  • Eldow1977
    Eldow1977 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    180 lb to loose and hate exercise with a passion, Lol. I'm here for the calories. Add me if you wish