My 1st week here would luv tips

Options
Hi I'm Kendra I just started on this app last Friday 9/4/15. Would luv some motivation I don't know anyone like me so it would be great if there were someone people to relate to. Luv before & progress or after pics.

I just turned 36 height 5'2 weight 270 lbs. Which is the heaviest I've ever been besides my last pregnancy. I have 3 children daughter Destiny 15, son Noah 12, and baby daughter Anadelia 16 months.

Replies

• Eldow1977
    Eldow1977 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Very similar to me, Kendra. I'm 37, 5'2 304lbs and my kids are 14 and 9 (only two of them) I'm been on here nearly 3 weeks and still haven't had the courage to add a photo. My advice would be weigh everything, better than measuring in cups. Count everything, did you know that even Thyme as calories!!!! No neither did I. Eat everything but also question everything. Yes I would like to eat that............. but do I need to eat the whole thing. Challenge yourself to cut your portion to a measured amount and stick to it, sometimes it doesn't look like a lot but I've found that it's my mind that tells me it's not enough and I can very easily sit there after eating and question whether I'm really hungry or not and more often than not everything is fine. And yes I have had Chinese takeaway and McDonalds because I don't want to my children to feel eating better means excluding yourself from all of that. I've worked it all in my calories. I've had chocolate too!!! I just didn't eat the whole 250g bar like I normally would. I like to cook aswell but don't always have time so my style varies from quick and fresh to quick and cheap and freezes well food. Add me as a friend.
  • unigirl143
    unigirl143 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    What I did when I first started here was 'logged' a regular day not trying to change anything, so that I knew what I was eating like to start with. The next day I really started to pre plan my snacks for the day to head off my hunger level. Now if I don't log every day it feels weird because it has become so much of a habit. I've managed to take off almost 30 lbs in almost a year logging what I eat and just getting out and moving more.
  • Sassyk35
    Sassyk35 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for you suggestions very helpful :)