At home versus gym workouts

Options
I really want to start doing some classes! Like Zumba and yoga, but really don't have the money to spend every month on classes :( broke college student problems! I could make it work but want some feedback on how effective just YouTubing these types of things are rather than going to the classes. Thanks!

Replies

• piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    You don't have any free programs at the student rec center?
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    My community college had free zumba. Loved it. I think you push more when in a class.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Does not your college have at least workout area with treadmills, etc.? Even the local community college here has one. But if you only want classes, and can't afford them or find free classes, then I guess you're doomed to a life of inactivity.
  • kmab1985
    kmab1985 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I attend classes as I find myself much more motivated in them but when I did try the odd workout at home I used the Fitness Blender workouts which are fabulous! Give them a go and they are free.
  • scornell603
    scornell603 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I commute to my college that's 40 minutes away, I only go two days a week but they're super long days. I'll have to see if they have any free classes. I also feel like I push more when I'm classes so I might just have to suck it up and pay for classes at a gym that is near my hometown.