5 years of fitness- before and after transformation

Options
Stats: 5'3", 26, female

Instagram: @eevincheezburger (follow me for my fitness journey!)

My fitness journey started in 2010 when I was halfway through college and decided I was sick of what I looked like. I weighed 150 lbs. You can see how unhappy I am in that picture.

2n6hic5.jpg

jpbs5i.jpg

Through years of dieting and cardio, I fluctuated from 125 to 145 lbs. I was "skinny fat" for a while, regular fat for a while, out of shape, into hours of running, etc etc. It just didn't work for me. I was all-carbs, no fat, no protein.

I started working out regularly in 2013. My workout method of choice is crossfit (don't care about your opinion lol). My body and mind have gone through an amazing transformation in the past 2.5 years. I went from not being able to lift a 35 lb bar to snatching 120, deadlifting 275, and gaining a nice booty along the way ;) Squats are a girl's best friend!

I have been training with a bunch of guys at my gym who push me way past my limits every day... We do the Competitor's Training prescription by Ben Bergeron (same training that Katrin Odinsdottir and Ben Smith do!), which usually takes 1.5-3 hours per day. To compensate for it I have been eating a LOT, which I don't log on here all the time (see the 3-hour workout days). Sometimes I split it up into two-a-days.

I hope that the results speak for themselves.

Today, I am 143 lbs. Notice how the scale doesn't tell you everything. I know that Myfitnesspal loves pics so here you go!

2v3fw9s.jpg

awvnud.jpg

2gvvm38.jpg

15n3qfl.jpg

2vmit0m.jpg

111tlvp.jpg

2190una.jpg

e8pnp5.jpg

33oimpj.jpg

And finally to show you that lifting doesn't make you manly ;)

2ztlh8y.jpg

Again, I post a lot every day on IG if you want to follow my fitness journey there @eevincheezburger. Remember that carbs fuel your workout, which helps you go harder and burn more fat. I currently try to eat at least 135-200g of protein per day, and fluctuate between 70-300g carbs every day depending on the workload I have for the day. Fats generally stay around 30-40g. Keep your body guessing!

I am almost the same weight as I was before but I certainly don't look the same ;) Hope this inspires some of you to try lifting, be it in a gym solo or with a group!

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting your story. I've been thinking about it.
  • jrevis001
    jrevis001 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Amazing and inspiring!
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look fantastic! It's particularly interesting how close your start and finish weights are from each other - such is the power of muscle!
  • AnnaFit4Life
    AnnaFit4Life Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Amazing results. Proof that being consistent will pay off. Absolutely beautiful and inspiring.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Your quads are awesome!
  • Cup_
    Cup_ Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Lookin fierce!!! I especially love how you pointed out that the scale doesn't tell you everything.
  • maureented
    maureented Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Your look great!
  • PandaBWA
    PandaBWA Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You look so much happier. You look amazing!
  • eevincheezburger
    eevincheezburger Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!
  • pussycatdoll21
    pussycatdoll21 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ohh yessssss such an inspiration
  • katecampisi
    katecampisi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Looking great. I absolutely agree that lifting is the way to go! So much more fun than killing yourself with cardio! I am re-shaping my whole body slowly but surely with weights. Love it.
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story!! I have similar stats to you, but am a little bit heavier with the starting weight. You look great and have accomplished a lot. Keep up the great work! @ejennings1988
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!! Love it!!
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thanks great inspiration. You look healthy and strong.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You look great! I really love your "saudade" tattoo. :)
  • jnoegrah
    jnoegrah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    awesome story! Your aura is definitely different from the beginning to the end of your journey.
  • newlife0202
    newlife0202 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yess i love it! It sucks to be obsessed over the scale or cardio. Lifting is much more enjoyable. Looking great
  • hrwhisamore
    hrwhisamore Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I need to do. Thank you for sharing. I need some workout friends and motivational buddies feel free to add me! I am 5'3 and currently 153. NOT happy about my weight and how I feel but Im willing to do the work to get the results I just need to stay consistent. I had a laminectomy a little over a year ago and I was 140 at the time. I have gain since then and it's been hard to get my energy back. I have a hard time looking at the fact it might take me a year to get where I want.
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look so happy and strong.
  • taterfit
    taterfit Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Amazing story! Congrats on all of your amazing success. I started crossfit myself about month ago and am addicted already. It's definitely been a trick learning how to eat for it but the results are incredible. Good luck on your on going journey of fitness!