Eating after a certain time

Options
I usually cut off eating after 8 but I always get up in the middle of the night hungry is there a solution? I try to just drink water but it does not help at all

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Just eat later. It won't stop weight loss, meal timing doesn't matter as long as you're in your calories. I always eat something directly before bed or I wouldn't be able to sleep otherwise.

I mean, I usually have dinner after 8...
  • piheart
    piheart Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Why do you cut off eating after 8? If you don't have any problems with digesting food, you can save some calories for a snack before bedtime. Then, you won't be hungry. The only good reason not to eat after 8 PM is personal preference.
  • Quitabanks
    Quitabanks Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    How long do u stay up after eating? I hear it's not good to eat and go straight to sleep is this true?
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Quitabanks wrote: »
    How long do u stay up after eating? I hear it's not good to eat and go straight to sleep is this true?

It's a myth (for weight loss at least, anyway). I eat then go straight to bed myself, or I get hungry and can't sleep.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Meal timing is irrelevant for weight loss.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Quitabanks wrote: »

It's true if it gives you heartburn or something. Otherwise, no, it doesn't matter.
  • piheart
    piheart Posts: 122 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Not true. This is a piece of diet advice often given to people because cutting off eating after a certain time generally means you will eat less calories in a day if you stop eating at some point. You can blow your entire day with midnight snacking, if you aren't tracking. Some people also prefer not to eat after 8 because they have trouble digesting food and trying to sleep.
  • jimirich87
    jimirich87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend a handful of nuts (providing that you're not allergic). Easy snack that helps me satisfy any hunger in the evening.
  • jimirich87
    jimirich87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    And it's within your macros
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    you should not eat after you are full, that is the only do not eat that I follow
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    There are so many 'Don't eat after 7:30PM' type of rumours that have been flying around for years. I eat whenever my body tells me it needs to eat - I don't believe your body knows what time it is and thus holds on to fat 'just because'. Perhaps I'm well off here and there is a science involved that makes this possible but I just don't buy it.
  • Quitabanks
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice I really appreciate it!!
  • Quitabanks
    Options
    jrline wrote: »
    you should not eat after you are full, that is the only do not eat that I follow

This is how I have started my portion control as well