Hello, Rob here.

Options
Just wanted to say Hi. I have been on MFP before and I am using it to keep a blog and track my food and exercise. Feel free to check out my blog and comment or yell at me when I get off track. Here is the first post from my blog.

My Experiment day 1

Yesterday 6/4/2011 was the first day of my experiment which is to eat clean for the rest of 2011.

No high fructose corn syrup

No processed food

Limited wheat, soy, and gluten products.

One free day per week (usally saturdays)

Log my food and exercise daily on my fitness pal (except on my free days)

Track my weight and measurements weekly on Saturdays

I am not setting any goals. I just want to see what the data shows after eating clean.

I will also use this blog to keep notes on how I feel and share my insights and experiences. Here are my current stats:

42 year old male

248.2 lbs

35.32% body fat

Neck -- 17"

Chest -- 45.25"

Waist -- 47.25"

Bicep -- 15.25"

Thigh -- 22.25"

Calf -- 16.25"

Here is a list of my current meds:

Linzinopril/Hctz -- High Blood Pressure

Metformin - Diabetes

Vytorin -- High Cholesterol

Setralin -- PTSD/Anxiety

Alph-Lipoic Acid -- Diabetes (Pain Management)

Multi vitamin

Rob

Replies

• run_momma_run
    Options
    Good for you! I just started eating clean as well, for the most part. I'm not having a free day per week, but I am adding 1-2 treats per week within my daily calories. That's my current strategy, anyway - I may change that later...

Let's do this!! :smile:
  • chantillychopper
    Options
    :smile:

Hi Rob, I am new here, I introduced myself and only one person said hello....so i am saying hello. I am doing the old weight watchers point list, (found all info on line and in 10 days have lost 8 lbs. I started at 137 and I am now down to 129. I am short, a little under 5 ft, and 53 yrs old. So my goal....I do have one....lol, is 120 maybe lower. but good luck and I keep my eye on ya!!

Chantilly Chopper
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Hey Rob.
    Hello, nice to see ya here!

Looking at your list of medicines, I am thinking that with a change in the way you eat that perhaps you will be able to get off some of those meds. That would be great.
  • GoRobGo
    GoRobGo Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey Rob.
    Hello, nice to see ya here!

Looking at your list of medicines, I am thinking that with a change in the way you eat that perhaps you will be able to get off some of those meds. That would be great.

Thanks. That is what I am hoping for!!
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi Rob,

Welcome to MFP and I would love to be your friend and support you, keep you in line or whatever you need. Good luck on your journey and remember we are all here for you as we are all on this journey together. Have a great day and I will be checking back in on you.

Bev