Snacking at work

Options
with all the temptations people bring into work and sitting behind a desk looking to keep yourself entertained it's no wonder gaining weight is easy.

How do you prevent from snacking at work?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Same way as at home: I choose not to eat what doesn't fit my goals.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I make things fit. Today there were doughnuts, I had half of one and logged it. I also bring in plenty of my own treats that are yummy but fit my goals a little better.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I make things fit. Today there were doughnuts, I had half of one and logged it. I also bring in plenty of my own treats that are yummy but fit my goals a little better.

This^

I'm not big on donuts....so I'm ok there. But someone brought in chocolate cake a couple weeks ago (OMG) - I had to have a piece.

I have a few treats (no sugar added applesauce, a caramel tootsie pop)....then my daily veggies & fruit. I've always got something to fall back on. I'm prepared.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I snack at work I just make sure it fits into my calorie goals. I actually bring foods as a part of my lunch that I know I will eat an hour or two after lunch. I also keep snacks in my desk drawer so I'm not tempted by the vending machine which doesn't have great choices.
  • Queen_Vanellope
    Queen_Vanellope Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I keep snacks in my drawer. Things like popcorn (no butter) are ridiculously low in calories.
    But yeah, it's hard when someone brings in a box of donuts or something. I can resist about half the time. I tried combating it once by bringing in a big bag of apples and oranges when it was my turn. I wasn't very popular after that...
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I am surrounded by food daily. Vendors attract business by sending ridiculously delicious, off-limits-to-me foods. I used to always have alternatives. I keep fiber one bars (90 cal brownies, cinnamon bars, etc.) in my desk and if I feel like I'm needing to eat I just grab from what I bring.

Now I've been doing this for 7 months and it's easier to just not eat it. Not worth it to me...
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I just ignore it if I didn't plan for it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I either chose to make it fit into my allotment, or utilize my self control.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,926 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I used to bring in home-made baked goods regularly and my coworkers stopped bringing in donuts.

After I switched to just baking for birthdays, we did a series of weight loss competitions and the participants were not bringing in donuts and the peer pressure was reduced.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I just flat out stopped eating them. It takes a lot of willpower but people will eventually stop trying to shove 800 calories of junk down your throat.

But, part of my plan is that after dinner I can enjoy some treats (if they fit). So I just changed my snacking habits from all day to just at night in bed. It's so much easier to say no to the donut you didn't really want if you know you will be able to have icecream in bed that night.

I do have a small amount of low-calorie sweets/snacks at my desk for the odd occasion I want something small and sweet but generally my breakfast & lunch is more than enough to take me through the day.
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I bring my own snacks. If something looks tempting, I log it first to check that I'm okay with whatever number pops up. If I decide I want it more than I want to stay within my goal, that's fine, too, but it's a choice I recognize the consequences of.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I don't. We have a file cabinet drawer in the office that's full of fun-size candy bars. I have one here and there and make it fit my calories.