lose 80lbs for my wedding

Options
I need to lose 80lbs in 200 days before my wedding. Who's gonna help me?
Also who else has this issue?

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    That's a 2.8lb loss/week. You might want to dial back your expectations.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Your plan is very aggressive and likely borderline unhealthy. I'd recommend reviewing the following post and setting reasonable goals:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Good luck!
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    That's what, 29 weeks? That's like 2.8lbs a week. I'm sorry, hun, but that's probably not going to happen. It's hard to lose 80lbs in a year, let alone 6 and a half months. I've lost 60lbs in a year. 2lbs a week is about as high as you can safely go unless you're very overweight. It also gets a LOT harder to lose the thinner you get. I was losing 2lbs a week when I was 211lbs, until I was about 170, then it slowed to 1lb a week, now at 152lbs it's about 1lb a month. That's just how it goes, you need to be realistic. I'm sure however much you lose, you will still look amazing.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Do what you can, set a realistic goal and enjoy your day. But your current goal.... is very unlikely and unhealthy.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I think if you want nice skin and hair on the day you'd be best aiming to lose half of that. You don't have to be thin to be beautiful but you do need to eat reasonably to stay healthy. Exercise will improve your strength and posture and make you look smaller than your weight.
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    YOU are going to help you!

Just start now, stay at a calorie deficit and you will lose. Add in some physical activity and you'll love how you feel stronger and slimmer! I promise you'll be happy with the results even if you don't get to that 80 lb mark.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    " 'Lose as much weight as possible' for my wedding" you will find is a much more reasonable goal.

Don't listen to the people who scoff at your specific "80" pound goal. Shoot for the moon. Shoot for "80." BUT -- this is important -- be happy with any success you do have, as you will be that much happier on your wedding day.

All the naysayers are saying (jerky as they might be in saying it) is that, in their experience, "80" pounds in 200 days is not a reasonable goal. They are regurgitating their understanding of human physiology as it applies to weight loss. Are they right? Who cares?

Tell me, if at your wedding you weighed 40 -- not 80, but 40 -- pounds less than you do now, would you find satisfaction in the progress you made? Yes. Would people notice your effort if you lost 40 pounds? Yes.

I'm not saying your goal should necessarily be 40 -- your goal should be as much is you can reasonably lose through healthy means -- but the important takeaway here is:

FIGURE OUT out your plan of attack and start a diet AND exercise plan. Then START. Start tomorrow.
  • BigBride28
    BigBride28 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I've set the goal as my motivation. If I reach it wow, if I dont then I would have lost weght and got healthy on the way.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    BigBride28 wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I've set the goal as my motivation. If I reach it wow, if I dont then I would have lost weght and got healthy on the way.

Or set your date more than 200 days away?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    All you need to do is figure out how you are going to achieve a 1400 calorie daily deficit. Overly aggressive targets tend to come unstuck further down the line, but try it and see. You may manage it for a short while at the beginning as you lose waterweight.

Good luck.
  • Miss_TeaPot
    Miss_TeaPot Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My friend lost 80lbs for her wedding in about 8 months. She was a size 18 and walked into the bridal store and bought a size 6 dress. The woman tried to talk her out of it but she said "No, I WILL fit into this dress" and she did. However, the diet she followed was very strict and precise and she gained it back shortly after. However, she just lost it again!
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    My Wedding is exactly 230 days away. I would Love to be back in the size I met my hubby in which is 50 pounds away. I am ordering my dress Wednesday. It has a corset back so I'm ordering just a size smaller then they suggest. That way no pressure. I'm almost to the 15 pounds I wanted off by the time I get sized ... less then a pound... Im sweating daily and eating fruits and veggies and essential protein til Thursday. Add me .... I need a bride to be buddy.
  • icusnoopy
    icusnoopy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When is your wedding? I'm getting married May 2016!